FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> True Blood
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 am  Reply with quote

I thought the Dallas story arc was stronger and actually had more of an affect in character development, the relationships and the mythology of the show. The Marryanne arc just seemed to linger and eventually just became repetitive.

So the finale seemed very flat. I was only interested in how they were shaping things to come in Season 3. I'm betting we're finally going to be introduced to the mentioned Werewolves. And maybe we'll get back to Vampire vs Vampire conflict. Also, we'll most likely delve into the "force" that seems to be protecting or guarding over Sookie; which I think is responsible for Bill's abduction.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:37 am  Reply with quote

I'm sick of the "bring them together, pull them apart" crap between Bill and Sookie. It seems to happen almost every other week on the show and it's tired.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I'm sick of the "bring them together, pull them apart" crap between Bill and Sookie. It seems to happen almost every other week on the show and it's tired.

There seems to be growing segment of the audience who are sick of Bill and Sookie all together.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:

There seems to be growing segment of the audience who are sick of Bill and Sookie all together.

I actually don't mind them together. It's just so forced that they never actually get to be together. Look at Buffy. The Angel/Buffy storyline through out seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic. They felt organic and true. Then in season 3 they kind of fell into the on again off again thing which got tired. Then they moved him to another show so it worked better on the FEW occasions they saw eachother.

Here it's just bad writing. In fact, overall, I'd say season 2 was far weaker over all.

Another thing that bothered me. What was the point in having Eric show up and the Queen's place. He had NO effect on the outcome, going to him at all after Dallas seemed like a lame way to put Eric on screen to please his fans.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Oh, and Even Rachel Wood is totally lame in it too. And Yatzee! isn't character development, but the writers seem to think so.

Let's get groovin' with Eric.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 pm  Reply with quote

The Butcher wrote:
Oh, and Even Rachel Wood is totally lame in it too. And Yatzee! isn't character development, but the writers seem to think so.

Let's get groovin' with Eric.
The whole Yatzee thing was obviously played for laughs, which I found to be effective. Playing a game such as that is one of the last things I would expect a vampire to do, so it was pretty funny to witness. Regarding the Queen's character development, she's only been in two episodes so far. I'm positive she will be a great influence in the third season.

To answer DSIC's problem with the occasional seperation of Sookie and Bill, considering they're the central characters in the series, I would expect them to find themselves in some kind of danger. What else would the writers do with them? Plus, we know that Bill and Eric are rivals, so it makes perfect sense that he would try to remove him from the picture. I agree though that Egg's actions were unrealistic and he deserved to get his ass shot. The finale was fuckin' weak too.
Borgosi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:51 pm  Reply with quote

IMHO "True Blood" is the only show on TV, other than reruns, worth watching.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:

To answer DSIC's problem with the occasional seperation of Sookie and Bill, considering they're the central characters in the series, I would expect them to find themselves in some kind of danger. What else would the writers do with them?

First of all, it's hardly occasional when it happens more often than not. Secondly, Joss Whedon and team made every attempt to keep the storylines fresh and when something pulled the two leads apart, it not only made sense, but worked exactly how it was intended. The Bill/Sookie writing is terrible and contrived to the point where it's become predictable and they've only had 24 episodes of the show. So what I expect the writers to do is be good writers.

[quote]Plus, we know that Bill and Eric are rivals, so it makes perfect sense that he would try to remove him from the picture. [quote]

We don't know if that's who took him.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:31 pm  Reply with quote

Outside of an episode here and there, I never watched Buffy or Angel. I feel left out in all the comparisons.

I understand where DSIC is coming from with regards to how the writers seem to be forcing the plot to keep Bill and Sookie apart because it does become redundant when it seems their character development is simply to overcome whatever outside force it is this week that pulls them apart (Eric's scheming, Marryanne as a bull creature, Bill's maker, and now an abduction).

Their best scenes IMO have been where they are at odds over moral or ethical issues with regards to the differences between the humans and vampires, but those scenes seem few and far between.

And looking back I can see how there really has been a serious lack in character development for some of the key players. Outside of the hints of her being "more than human" and her new bond to Eric, Sookie still seems no to be the same waitress from the very first episode. And Bill, hell, it seems all we get from him is bullshit posturing toward Eric in every single scene they have together. His best scenes were the ones showing his past, because it highlighted his struggle with the evil nature in him and showed potential that he's not just some vampire knight.

Jason, Eric and Sam seemed to shine the best in Season 2. I look forward to seeing where Sam's story is headed when he searches out his parents. And how they'll develop Jason's character as he deals with the guilt of killing someone.

But it's obvious that Eric owns this show, and from I've learned from the Book series, his story continues to be of centered focus.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:55 pm  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:

I understand where DSIC is coming from with regards to how the writers seem to be forcing the plot to keep Bill and Sookie apart because it does become redundant when it seems their character development is simply to overcome whatever outside force it is this week that pulls them apart (Eric's scheming, Marryanne as a bull creature, Bill's maker, and now an abduction).

Precisely.

Last edited by Didn't See It Coming on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Nimrod
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28 am  Reply with quote

I enjoyed season 2 a looooot more than season one, which I thought just kinda set everything up.

Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Fun premiere. The show still has all it's trash and shock value.