FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Firefly/Serenity
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Let me ask this then. Are the women in other Whedon shows as sexual as they are in Firefly? I really love that about them. Of course, Inara is a companion and is incredibly sexual, Zoe is the warrior woman and seems to take charge of the sexual aspect of her relationship with Wash as the time when she asked Mal to take the helm so Wash could strip her cloths off and Kaylee was on board because she screwed the original mechanic and talks about masturbation.

On Buffy, eventually (They start off a 16 year old girls in high school) and on Angel, very much so.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

One of my favorite scenes in Firefly is when Inara hooks up with an ambassador and wants the crew to be out of site when, it's assumed, he arrives. Then, he, shows up but is actually an incredibly beautiful woman. As her and Inara go off hand in hand to Inara's shuttle the camera goes to Jane who's jaw is on the floor and then says "I'll be in my bunk". Laughing Cracks me up every time.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Let me ask this then. Are the women in other Whedon shows as sexual as they are in Firefly? I really love that about them. Of course, Inara is a companion and is incredibly sexual, Zoe is the warrior woman and seems to take charge of the sexual aspect of her relationship with Wash as the time when she asked Mal to take the helm so Wash could strip her cloths off and Kaylee was on board because she screwed the original mechanic and talks about masturbation.

Yeah, sexuality is much more an element in later seasons of Buffy and Angel.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 pm  Reply with quote

Haven't had time to watch Firelfy the last couple of days but I was thinking about the final episode 'Objects in Space'. When Early, the bounty hunter, gets on board Serenity to collect the reward thats been placed on River's head. What a completely bizarre episode it is. The dialogue is so out there that I can't imagine Joss was sober while writing it. The more completely insane something is the more brilliant it comes across to me.