FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Gamer
resevil80
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone else see it this weekend? The story got a bit out of hand, but it was fun(and funny) as hell. Disapointed in the Box Office for the weekend too..
X-Count
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

This movie was like Crank only on more cocaine than Crank could've possibly imagined.... or that's how it felt. The entire movie was choatic and did I see Milo Ventigelia...whatever from Heroes dressed in plastic clothes dry humping a chick? Laughing Didn't expect that. And Dexter man, I caught the Enter the Dragon reference.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

lamer.

I'll stick with Existenz.
Emy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

Caught it yesterday morning.

I liked it a lot.

I do prefer eXistenZ too but I don't think the two movies can really be compared as their style and context are soooooooooo different.

And yes, it was Milo Ventimiglia dry humping the girl...

I think my only issue with Gamer is, once again, the shaky cam from hell. I understand the need for it in this but come on, not that much shaking... Give the migraine sufferers a break on in a while...
resevil80
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

I usually hate shaky cam, but thought it fit the action on screen here....Still I miss action flicks from the 80's....I want to know what the fuck is going on!
Emy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

resevil80 wrote:
I usually hate shaky cam, but thought it fit the action on screen here....Still I miss action flicks from the 80's....I want to know what the fuck is going on!

Yep, me too.

I found myself watching some old 80's actioners that I would have hated back then (or in the 90's when I watched most of the 80's action movies) and I actually liked it.

Damn, we need a real good action movie.

The Expendables better deliver.
resevil80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am  Reply with quote

The Expendables...that is my most anticipated movie at the moment....It has everyone and their mothers in it....Thats why I watch alot of straight to dvd action movies...they usually keep it nice and simple.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:19 am  Reply with quote

Never heard of The Expendables I'll have to look that up. The action genre is going to be hurting with all of the action stars getting ready for retirement or government office. Bruce Willis is doing his best but even he is beginning to look too old to be doing the shit he does.

Vin Diesel and The Rock are horrible and shouldn't be in any movies so who does that leave Daniel Craig? Never seen him in a Bond film but he was great in Defiance but that's not exactely an action movie either.
resevil80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 am  Reply with quote

I like Vin...But thats me...waiting on that Pitch Black/Riddick sequel....And regardless of how bad The Marine(Guilty pleasure) and 12 Rounds were, John Cena has potential...he is likable, has a great screen presence, does his own stunts, and isnt a bad actor....
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am  Reply with quote

resevil80 wrote:
John Cena isnt a bad actor....

Yes he really is. He was fucking HORRIBLE in 12 Rounds. A good actor is convincing. He was the opposite of that.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 am  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Never heard of The Expendables I'll have to look that up. The action genre is going to be hurting with all of the action stars getting ready for retirement or government office. Bruce Willis is doing his best but even he is beginning to look too old to be doing the shit he does.

Vin Diesel and The Rock are horrible and shouldn't be in any movies so who does that leave Daniel Craig? Never seen him in a Bond film but he was great in Defiance but that's not exactely an action movie either.

Now Duane Johnson has potential. He's done a good job in every movie he's been in, Southland Tales in particular. Vin Diesel is great in Boiler Room. No one uses him correctly. That's the problem.

Craig is an awesome Bond.
resevil80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:28 am  Reply with quote

Dude..Cena just has that it factor....12 Rounds was just a terrible movie, but regardless I liked him.....And The Rock..eh,,,

Vin was great in Boiler Room, and I find him likable in every movie he's in...
vorodex999
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:19 am  Reply with quote

I do thin Vin is likable in every movie he is in, and yes he is never used corectly, he was great in Find Me Guilty and Boiler Room and Saving private Ryan and yes The Iron Giant(lol), The Rock is likable as well. He just hasnt made an actioj film since The Rundown. Jason Statham makes fun action movie too. ANyone see Jean Clause Van Damme's best movie JCVD it will suprise you that with the right director and a good script anyone can be made a good actor
resevil80
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

JCVD was great....I watch everything Van Damme does. I thought Wake of Death was a pretty damn good action flick along with In Hell. I think since he has left theatres and starting his string of Straight to DVD movies, he has made some pretty good movies. The Order is alot of fun regardless of its over the top story.....
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 pm  Reply with quote

The guy that is in Punisher War Zone was pretty damn good and that movie is awesome.