FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Supernatural: Season 5
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:48 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

One week left, baby! The promos make this look like the stakes are higher than ever!

Gonna miss this show when it's gone...
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Yup, if they do indeed end it I'll be gutted - it's the ONLY show (well, besides Man V. Food) that actually gets me giddy in anticipation. If the story of the Winchester brothers must draw to a close, I hope they'll at least have some spin-offs (a Bobby one would be cool) which run alongside theirs so we can have Padalecki and Jensen show up in smaller roles.
Dario Fulci
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:07 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Yup, if they do indeed end it I'll be gutted - it's the ONLY show (well, besides Man V. Food) that actually gets me giddy in anticipation. If the story of the Winchester brothers must draw to a close, I hope they'll at least have some spin-offs (a Bobby one would be cool) which run alongside theirs so we can have Padalecki and Jensen show up in smaller roles.

Is the fifth season supposed to be the last for Supernatural? I hope not.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Dario Fulci wrote:
Pestilence wrote:

Is the fifth season supposed to be the last for Supernatural? I hope not.

Unfortunately, it is. This approaching season is supposed to be the final one for the Winchesters, bringing their story to a close.

I'm just praying that isn't the case.
Tshoffie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

i love this series and i really hope season 5 wont be the last. but if it is i hope they will go out with an awesome ending
Tshoffie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 pm  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:

You like man vs food as well...thats cool nice to see someone else that enjoys that show as well
The Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I literally JUST started watching this show. I am on season 1 hahahaha. Great to hear that it's so well loved from people whose opinions I respect.

I'm in for tons of good viewing aren't I???

SO far I am reallly liking what I've watched. I just finished the "Phantom Traveler" episode.
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:44 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Butcher wrote:
I literally JUST started watching this show. I am on season 1 hahahaha. Great to hear that it's so well loved from people whose opinions I respect.

SO far I am reallly liking what I've watched. I just finished the "Phantom Traveler" episode.

You ain't seen nothing yet.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Sirand wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

YIPEE!

I still owe you for taking me by the earlobe and forcing BATTLESTAR down my throat. I've spread that infection among those I know, as well. Smile
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Butcher wrote:
Sirand wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

YIPEE!

I still owe you for taking me by the earlobe and forcing BATTLESTAR down my throat. I've spread that infection among those I know, as well. Smile

Right there with you dude, I started watching a month ago and now I'm mid way through season 4. Trying to catch up so I can watch season 5 when it premieres, but yeah man, it's a fucking awesome show. The Winchester boys rule.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:12 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Butcher wrote:

The first season is actually the weakest overall. I very nearly gave up on the show about 6 episodes in, but decided to stick with it. Boy am I glad I did - when it hits the last lot of eps in S1 the mythology picks up, the characters expand and it really starts to find its footing. From S2 onwards it barrels on like a freight train. Fantastic series.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm  Reply with quote

Tshoffie wrote:
Pestilence wrote:

You like man vs food as well...thats cool nice to see someone else that enjoys that show as well

Same here. I've become addicted to Man vs. Food.

Getting back on topic, I can't wait to see where Eric Kripke and his motley crew of writers (*especially* Ben Edlund) take the Winchester boys this season.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Why has no one talked about the pilot yet?

I can't believe I'm saying this but the pilot actually made me want to ravage Mark Pellegrino (sp?)
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:52 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Great opener!

Dean's bit about being an "angel condom" might be the best one-liner in the series.
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Loved the opening for season 5.

Oh and I'm all caught up now. What a fucking awesome show.