FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> New Ghostbusters game!
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:00 am  Reply with quote

On the library level:
Few issues I've noticed.
Camera issues when close to walls and surrounded by things. A few times I'd get incredibly frustrated because I'd get hemmed in and not be able to get away. Many times the camera goes nuts and I can't follow all the action (but on the plus its because it gets bugnuts crazy and never boring)

Saving - When I'm done I'm not quite sure if I can quit and and how much time I'd have to replay. And sometimes it'll throuw you around at that. After rescueing the girl from a bad guy we go back the station. I stopped there for the night. Next day I turn it on and it pushed me several cut scenes later. I had to replay about 15 minutes to catch up on the story.
CMax
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:45 am  Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any camera issues but I have noticed the weird save mechanic that the game uses. It is frusterating not knowing how far along you are in a mission.

I really wish there was some sort of "Create-a-Buster" thing to put yourself in the game.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:16 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

The Buz wrote:
Loved playing it through, twas a real pleasure having all the original gang's voices back.

However, the multiplayer is...lacking. Just catch ghosts and move on. Which made me realize that it's just not that replayable. The fun part about it is the story, and that's about it. I kind of wish I had just made this a rental because I doubt I'll be playing it again any time soon. Unless of course there is a big ghostbuster dread central team.

BuzJob is my gamertag for 360, let me know if you guys want to schedule a weekend ghost hunting game.

Adding you. I call Stantz!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

BTW, now, I'm glad Activision didn't get the game, as I'm glad they're (hopefully) not getting any extra revenue from it now either.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
The Buz
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:56 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I call Egon.
MagusMaleficus
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 am  Reply with quote

I just about shit when I heard Winston say what I believe is the funniest fucking line in the whole game:

"I wish this trap had a window. It'd be just like a little Vicksburg snow globe!"
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:23 am  Reply with quote

Just started playing multiplayer today and it's damn fun! My gamertag is x I R MADMAN x for those interested. There doesn't seem to be that many people playing....I wonder if the game sold poorly?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:55 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
I call Egon.

Can I borrow it? Confused
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

LSD Zombie wrote:
Just started playing multiplayer today and it's damn fun! My gamertag is x I R MADMAN x for those interested. There doesn't seem to be that many people playing....I wonder if the game sold poorly?

From what I hear, it did very well. Even in the UK, where it's a PS3 exclusive. I just think it inherently appeals to the first-person player. I played the MP in order to review the game (full review coming on Monday) and didn't find it appealing enough to keep doing it over and over, but the single player experience was really, really solid.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:57 am  Reply with quote

So the game is good?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MagusMaleficus
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

PrairieGhost wrote:
So the game is good?

I think your enjoyment of the game is equal to your love for the Ghostbusters franchise. There are a few technical issues that hurt the game, but the story, dialogue, voice-acting, and sound are all pretty damn good.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

So last night I had the weirdest dream. I dreamt that I was at a mall and Dan Aykroyd was there shilling the Ghostbusters game. We sat and talked and he kept telling me to buy the game. I took a picture of him and in the photo he was in some sort of Egyptian palace. Fucking weird.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

I played the game, and loved it. It was only the ps3 demo, but man it was fun. Cannot wait until I can actually play the whole thing.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

I rented it and tried playing it but didn't like it at all. I hated teleporting from one scene to the next. Really took me out of the game.

I should like this movie but I have never been able to make it all the way through for some reason. It's funny enough and good enough I just always lose interest in it.