FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Apparently we're not allowed to like this movie. Well, we are, but we incur much derision.

Hold on, let me look up derision....oh, okay, got it. It could have been easier just saying ridicule, but then again, that goes against your continuous feigned attempts over the last decade on the internet to appear more intelligent than anyone else on the planet.

Hereís the bottom line: You are and will always be an annoying obsessive childish hypocrite. Thereís no such thing as different opinions in your narrow-minded universe. If you LIKE something, everyone else must agree or else you outpost them until the final post is yours. If you HATE something, itís the same exact routine. The thread is again hijacked by you and the endless pages of quotes, rebuttals, and insults until you get the last word. People who like bad movies are dumb, unless of course itís you, then itís acceptable. People who donít like the movies you deem ďgreatĒ are stupid or have shit taste, because they cannot comprehend films that only the truly intelligent like yourself can appreciate.

You would THINK that after all the different message boards, all the bannings, maturing, years going by, daily internet arguments, the thousands and thousands of posts, the childish insults, etc, that eventually you would tire of all this. It would get to the point where you just donít care anymore. You post an opinion, read some you agree or disagree with, shrug your shoulders, then move onto something more important. But apparently you have no life and NEVER will have a life. Youíll be in your 40ís and 50's posting on a new internet message board ad nauseam about movies named calling and replying until you eventually get banned and move on to another MB annoying a new cast of faceless screen names. You are even more pathetic and sad than I ever imagined, and Iíve had the displeasure and misfortune of sifting through your bullshit for a really long time on here and other boards.

It just will never end. Go ahead, feel free to pick apart my post with multiple quotes and reply to each statement you feel needs a response. You're so unpredictable. Confused
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:40 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I ridicule people who liked Transformers because, god damn it, somebody's got to make them feel guilty for taking pleasure in such trash. Hence, the term 'guilty pleasure'.

Also, the sociological implications of letting shit like this slide (or, rather, snowball) year after year, passing as acceptable fare, are beyond troubling. Come on - you've seen Idiocracy.
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:53 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
I ridicule people who liked Transformers because, god damn it, somebody's got to make them feel guilty for taking pleasure in such trash. Hence, the term 'guilty pleasure'.

Also, the sociological implications of letting shit like this slide (or, rather, snowball) year after year, passing as acceptable fare, are beyond troubling. Come on - you've seen Idiocracy.

Exactly.

I love mindless entertainment as much as the next guy. But ENTERTAINMENT is the key word here.

The Transformers fan says, "Oh, it's a rollercoaster ride! Don't think about it! Turn your brain off!" Fuck, I LOVE a good rollercoaster ride! But Transformers is more like a rollercoaster ride at Krustyland. It's the obnoxious coaster that dips underwater for two minutes and spits broken bolts in your face before dropping you flat on your head at the end of the ride. And the whole time it's under the impression that you're having fun.

Sorry, but I consider these films the ultimate bar-lowerer in entertainment.
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:05 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Ebert, as always, gives the final word:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/07/i_am_a_brainiac.html
rupp30
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

i wish we could all just stop fussing about this. if you like it you like it. if you dont you dont. lets leave it at that and not try to force someone to like or dislike a movie.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

I skipped most of the previous 8 pages, because I live in a world where there's room for both Armageddon AND Deep Impact and I didn't care to read the endless bickering.

The fights in Transformers: RotF were AWESOME! They would have been good if it had been real people fighting in a kung fu movie, but with the combatants being giant fucking robots?! Robot Jox cannot compare. ...and I LOVE Stuart Gordon.

Shit got blowed up real good and I was pleased. And while the twins were annoying, I rather liked Jetfire. As for Fox, I never really think she's hot, until I see her on screen, moving and talking, then I want her. She's good eyecandy on film.

Did anyone else notice that there were so many of the Bad Boys "camera moves while looking up at star's face in slow motion with sky as background" shots in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen that it felt like Bay was parodying himself in his own movie?
rupp30
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

the bad boys poster was also very evident in the scene where sam goes crazy and sees the symbols.

in the first one the biggest scene that made me remember bad boys was the shootout in the s7 building with jon voight, anthony anderson, and john tuturro, how the camera spun around to get both sides of the action. bay has a very unique style of shooting films if you ask me.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:53 am  Reply with quote

kiddcapone wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Apparently we're not allowed to like this movie. Well, we are, but we incur much derision.

Hold on, let me look up derision....oh, okay, got it. It could have been easier just saying ridicule, but then again, that goes against your continuous feigned attempts over the last decade on the internet to appear more intelligent than anyone else on the planet.

Hereís the bottom line: You are and will always be an annoying obsessive childish hypocrite. Thereís no such thing as different opinions in your narrow-minded universe. If you LIKE something, everyone else must agree or else you outpost them until the final post is yours. If you HATE something, itís the same exact routine. The thread is again hijacked by you and the endless pages of quotes, rebuttals, and insults until you get the last word. People who like bad movies are dumb, unless of course itís you, then itís acceptable. People who donít like the movies you deem ďgreatĒ are stupid or have shit taste, because they cannot comprehend films that only the truly intelligent like yourself can appreciate.

You would THINK that after all the different message boards, all the bannings, maturing, years going by, daily internet arguments, the thousands and thousands of posts, the childish insults, etc, that eventually you would tire of all this. It would get to the point where you just donít care anymore. You post an opinion, read some you agree or disagree with, shrug your shoulders, then move onto something more important. But apparently you have no life and NEVER will have a life. Youíll be in your 40ís and 50's posting on a new internet message board ad nauseam about movies named calling and replying until you eventually get banned and move on to another MB annoying a new cast of faceless screen names. You are even more pathetic and sad than I ever imagined, and Iíve had the displeasure and misfortune of sifting through your bullshit for a really long time on here and other boards.

It just will never end. Go ahead, feel free to pick apart my post with multiple quotes and reply to each statement you feel needs a response. You're so unpredictable. Confused

First of all, it's extremely easy to look more intelligent than you. Secondly, you posted ALL of that, without a hint of self-deprecation (that means self-disapproval so you won't have to look it up). Third, sorry I use words that you have to look up.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:53 am  Reply with quote

I feel no guilt.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:55 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

Exactly.

I love mindless entertainment as much as the next guy. But ENTERTAINMENT is the key word here.

Sorry Andrew, but people find entertainment in all sorts of things we don't find entertaining. Ben Stiller still has a career.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:53 am  Reply with quote

rupp30 wrote:
the bad boys poster was also very evident in the scene where sam goes crazy and sees the symbols.

in the first one the biggest scene that made me remember bad boys was the shootout in the s7 building with jon voight, anthony anderson, and john tuturro, how the camera spun around to get both sides of the action. bay has a very unique style of shooting films if you ask me.
There was no sublety at all in the placement of the posters. Haha

I kept finding myself distracted everytime I heard The Fallen speak. I knew his voice, but I just couldn't place it. When I watched the credits and saw that it was Tony Todd, I almost punched myself in the face for not realizing it was him.
Ryantherebel
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:53 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry to open up old wounds everybody, but having rented this movie recently I have to talk about it. Now this is coming from the point of view of someone who is both a Transfan and a movie lover.

Practically every negative comment about this movie has been made so let me offer one of my own. This movie has some interesting idea's(The NEST organization, the history of the Transformers) and there were some scenes that I liked but this movie isn't interested in what could make it better, instead all it's interested in is hot women, explosions, and racial stereotypes. So yes overall, every negative review is right about this thing.

Now I know your asking "what could you possibly like about this piece of shit?" Basically all the scenes I liked involved Optimus Prime, he was the soul of the movie(or what little soul this thing had) and when he died the movie was dead in the water, and when he came back it was too little too late. I'll give it this, it reinforced my love of Japanese Monster Movies. Ishiro Honda didn't stretch out his movies to 2Ĺ hours.

Foywonder wrote:

I also just turned 35 yesterday. That means I no longer fall into the desired age demographic Hollywood and Madison Avenue most covet. That means I'm now legally allowed to shake my cane at you whippersnappers and tell you about how much better even the popcorn movies were when I was a kid. And you know what? THEY WERE!

Even though I'm 20 I agree with you. At least they had the dignity to treat the audience like adults.
X-Count
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 am  Reply with quote

I just watched this a few days ago and I have a couple of comments and questions to ask. No, I don't want no fanboy response to this shit either cause they're either bash you or pick apart things and try to explain shit that doesn't need a long drawn out explanation. First off... why the fuck is this movie 2 and a half hours long? Seriously, with the simplistic story it had, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to stretch this film for all it's worth? I will say some of the fights were better this time around as you could actually see what the hell was happening for once. Still sick of the pointless and countless explosions in Michael Bay's crap. I hated the new character they threw in with Sam and Mikaela. That bastard was annoying as all hell and I was hoping for a quick and painful demise to him. Also, since when the hell are there Terminators in Transformers? That shit wasn't in the cartoon. Also what was with all the racist stereotyping with the "black" Autobots that seemed like the worse caricatures of black people since fucking black face? Another one is, why the hell did that former mini Decepticon hump Megan Fox's leg? It's not a fucking puppy! Laughing Though I did kinda laugh when that happened cause it was so damn ridiculous.

Seriously, I had to make 5 new levels of ridiculous just because of this movie so I can rate it properly and I can't even come up with names for these new levels! I'm wondering just how much more ridiculous they can get with the third one and how many more levels of ridiculousness I'm gonna have to create just for it! Both movies would be entertaining if they weren't so damn ridiculous. I wanted to like this movie, but it just made my brain melt. Weed probably couldn't save the movie if I viewed it that way. Seriously, Megan Fox was the best thing about the entire thing. Gave me something to look at, at least amidst the retarded shit that went on around her. Laughing

And I hate to say it DISC, but you kinda just proved kiddcapone's point with your last 4 posts with the whole "having to have the last word." And this is coming from someone that use to have a grudge with capone from the THC or Fangoria days! ...Which is weird that I'm agreeing with him now.
Ryantherebel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 am  Reply with quote

X-Count wrote:
I just watched this a few days ago and I have a couple of comments and questions to ask. No, I don't want no fanboy response to this shit either cause they're either bash you or pick apart things and try to explain shit that doesn't need a long drawn out explanation. First off... why the fuck is this movie 2 and a half hours long? Seriously, with the simplistic story it had, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to stretch this film for all it's worth? I will say some of the fights were better this time around as you could actually see what the hell was happening for once. Still sick of the pointless and countless explosions in Michael Bay's crap. I hated the new character they threw in with Sam and Mikaela. That bastard was annoying as all hell and I was hoping for a quick and painful demise to him. Also, since when the hell are there Terminators in Transformers? That shit wasn't in the cartoon. Also what was with all the racist stereotyping with the "black" Autobots that seemed like the worse caricatures of black people since fucking black face? Another one is, why the hell did that former mini Decepticon hump Megan Fox's leg? It's not a fucking puppy!

The answer, Bay wants his movies to be awesome and that's his idea of awesome, and that's his tragic flaw. I believe his death will involve him being naked with a hot chick who has a strap on dildo that's made out of TNT.
Ryantherebel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:21 am  Reply with quote

Damn it, double posted again.