FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Upcoming Horror Games
Ultimatekoan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 pm  Reply with quote

I have been out of the loop when it comes to horror games for a while and curious what games are you all looking forward to.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:16 pm  Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Silent Hill game for the Wii and the Grudge game for the Wii.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It's sad, but those two Wii titles, and Dead Space: Extraction are the only upcoming horror titles I can think of. Bioshock 2 is due next year, I believe, and that's the next major horror title. Left 4 Dead 2 is coming this fall, but there's quite the debate as to whether that should even be released, so excitement for it is definitely low.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 am  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
It's sad, but those two Wii titles, and Dead Space: Extraction are the only upcoming horror titles I can think of. Bioshock 2 is due next year, I believe, and that's the next major horror title. Left 4 Dead 2 is coming this fall, but there's quite the debate as to whether that should even be released, so excitement for it is definitely low.

Did I miss something? What debate?
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Well, Alan Wake is coming soon (eventually), and I think Heavy Rain is going to be a murder mystery unlike any other. There's also Dante's Inferno, Dead Rising 2, the Saw game, a game called Sadness, which looks very interesting ( http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/sadness/index.html?tag=result;title;0 ), Wolfenstein...there's a pretty extensive list of games with at least horror elements.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

frank_dracman wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:

Did I miss something? What debate?

There's a very vocal movement that has a laundry lists of complaints after it' was announced, the main point being they think releasing a sequel to the game this close to the first release, for full price, is wrong of them. I think it's overblown, honestly.

Here's more on it.

http://kotaku.com/5281374/l4d-sequel-met-with-much-more-than-indifference

http://kotaku.com/5286185/valve-responds-to-left-4-dead-2-boycott-vows-support-for-original

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:48 am  Reply with quote

Every single journalist has said it warrants a full sequel so the people bitching are the PC whiners who think everything should be free. Fuck them.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:56 pm  Reply with quote

Figured I'd give this a bump since the thread for games coming out in 2010 is lacking horror games.

Anyone have any horror games they're looking forward to? I'm personally stoked about the Splatterhouse reboot.
Karloff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

Depends what they do with Splatterhouse, really.

I'm looking forward a lot to Alan Wake and Silent Hill means I can go back to playing my Wii when the kids have gone to bed, rather than having them beat me at tennis all the time. I never bothered with Dead Rising - loved the concept, hated the save function - but as I've now subscribed to gold I think it might be worth me getting hold of Left 4 Dead 2 for some online carnage.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 pm  Reply with quote

Hydrophobia