FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Visiting hours!
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:09 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
I like that some of these handheld shots are pretty still. I hate shaky cam handheld which seems to be the norm nowadays.

shaky cam pisses me off, cept in cloverfield, dunno why
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 am  Reply with quote

one of the peoople wrote visiting hours are over bitch
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:11 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
I like that some of these handheld shots are pretty still. I hate shaky cam handheld which seems to be the norm nowadays.

yeah I really miss being able to see what was happening in a fight or chase scene.
I know. I forget what it was but I was watching some semi-recent movie one night and literally had to turn it off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon

i really like the ending, that they don't cut to a week later and have everyone all fine, these people are messed up as a result of all this and you see that.
arandomthought

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

yeah I really miss being able to see what was happening in a fight or chase scene.

Ditto, but that's more to irradic, and over editing something
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:12 am  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
Gory wrote:

I don't mind it when it's actually supposed to be like in Cloverfield. But to just shake the camera during an action scene is ridiculous. If I can't follow what's going on then why will I care? I love handheld but old school handheld. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:12 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I know. I forget what it was but I was watching some semi-recent movie one night and literally had to turn it off.

not all quick editing annoys me, but it really has to be handled correctly, and most of the time it isn't
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
i really like the ending, that they don't cut to a week later and have everyone all fine, these people are messed up as a result of all this and you see that.

yeah, so anyone up for another movie or you guys going to bed? I plan on being up for a while, and what movie are we watching next week, I'll try to be here. Thanks for this movie, I never heard of it, but really enjoyed it.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Yeah. It would have felt like a cheat. I don't mind it in some films but not in others. I'm glad they didn't do it here.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Gory wrote:

I don't mind it when it's actually supposed to be like in Cloverfield. But to just shake the camera during an action scene is ridiculous. If I can't follow what's going on then why will I care? I love handheld but old school handheld. Mr. Green

I dunno, it kind of worked in splinter.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

not all quick editing annoys me, but it really has to be handled correctly, and most of the time it isn't
I can handle quick editing more than I can a shaky camera. But even then both of them can be very jarring.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:15 am  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

yeah, so anyone up for another movie or you guys going to bed? I plan on being up for a while, and what movie are we watching next week, I'll try to be here. Thanks for this movie, I never heard of it, but really enjoyed it.

it's Jaws 2 next week, I think I'm gonna go rest.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 am  Reply with quote

Jaws 2 next week. Mr. Green

Thanks for hanging out tonight you guys. Hi
arandomthought

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I can handle quick editing more than I can a shaky camera. But even then both of them can be very jarring.

CAn't wait until I start my movie, I will try to do it so it looks like all one shot, but that's going to be quite the task. Though that's not including the cuts to scenes. I just hate when the camera jumps around so much.
BlackFlagg

good times as always, heh, night Smile