FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Bad actor ruins good movie!
Grave-Danger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:23 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 33

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Grave-Danger wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Crystal Skull was fun and was going great until the last act of the movie. If you want to blame anyone for that movie it should be 100% Lucas. The man has LOST it.


I have to disagree. The 3rd act was bad, but so was everything else. Shia LeBeauf was terrible. He actually had the line, "It's a thing!" The action was far more cartoony. I recommend watching the Rifftrax version.


You can disagree. You're wrong, but you can. Seriously though, I enjoyed everything until the found John Hurt...After that it went to shite.


Really? You enjoyed the refrigerator in the nuclear blast?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Grave-Danger wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Grave-Danger wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Crystal Skull was fun and was going great until the last act of the movie. If you want to blame anyone for that movie it should be 100% Lucas. The man has LOST it.


I have to disagree. The 3rd act was bad, but so was everything else. Shia LeBeauf was terrible. He actually had the line, "It's a thing!" The action was far more cartoony. I recommend watching the Rifftrax version.


You can disagree. You're wrong, but you can. Seriously though, I enjoyed everything until the found John Hurt...After that it went to shite.


Really? You enjoyed the refrigerator in the nuclear blast?


Sure, it was ridiculous but so was the mine cart in Temple. It's friggin' Indiana Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 1096

Ugh, don't get me started on that fuckin' movie. I become disgusted every time I read that title. Crystal Skull was shit the moment those goofy ass Russians appeared on screen. The Nazis and the Indian cultists were great, menacing villians. The villians in Crystal Skull? Fucking shit. Just like the cute CG gopher, the fucking swinging CG monkeys, and the super-intelligent ants that can pile onto each other. The action was also a fucking bore.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker demonstrated perfectly what Spielberg and Lucas did to Jones in that one SP episode. They took turns fucking him up the ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grave-Danger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:13 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 33

LSD Zombie wrote:
Ugh, don't get me started on that fuckin' movie. I become disgusted every time I read that title. Crystal Skull was shit the moment those goofy ass Russians appeared on screen. The Nazis and the Indian cultists were great, menacing villians. The villians in Crystal Skull? Fucking shit. Just like the cute CG gopher, the fucking swinging CG monkeys, and the super-intelligent ants that can pile onto each other. The action was also a fucking bore.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker demonstrated perfectly what Spielberg and Lucas did to Jones in that one SP episode. They took turns fucking him up the ass.


I agree 100%. Indy was raped.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:10 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

A couple of months ago it hit me like a ton of bricks that Bill Paxton sucks. I hadn't realized it before and I can't remember what movie I was watching but I was like damn he is really a bad actor. I went back and watched other movies with him in it like Aliens and True Lies and several others and sure enough he is horrible in them all. Still, I like him. Very peculiar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:38 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Floydian Trip wrote:
A couple of months ago it hit me like a ton of bricks that Bill Paxton sucks. I hadn't realized it before and I can't remember what movie I was watching but I was like damn he is really a bad actor. I went back and watched other movies with him in it like Aliens and True Lies and several others and sure enough he is horrible in them all. Still, I like him. Very peculiar.

Some actors have that "mode". Nic Cage is one. He's got good actor, bad actor and Nic Cage settings. If the director leaves him on Nic Cage (the default setting, BTW) trouble is bound to rear it's ugly head. Same can be said about Bill. In Aliens and True Lies he was on Bill Paxton mode. Others, like Frailty, Tombstone and A Simple Plan, he was in good actor mode.

Personally I like the guy. And if you ever want to see "Extreme Bill Paxton Mode", watch The Dark Backward. you won't know whether to call him retarded or a mad genius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 6478

frank_dracman wrote:
Personally I like the guy. And if you ever want to see "Extreme Bill Paxton Mode", watch The Dark Backward. you won't know whether to call him retarded or a mad genius.


Ha, I do want to see that now. He's definitely the worst actor I like. I even like him when he's bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Out of Genre Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum