FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> The 'Buffy' and 'Angel' Thread
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, season 4 wasn't all it could have been due to Charisma Carpenter's pregnancy forcing them to change things around, but it gave us badass shotgun wielding Wesley~!

welcome to the fold Buz. I still remember my first Buffy experiance, talking online to a couple people who were talking about it. Then they took off as it was about to come on and I watched it to see for myself, it ended up being the season 2 finale, even though I had no real idea of what was going on I was still instantly hooked and never missed an ep after that.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:03 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Buz wrote:
Season 4 gets a pass for having some of the best fucking episodes of the entire show with Angelus locked in the cage. That was some of the most intense television I've ever seen.

Angelus is the best Big Bad, for my money. He's so frickin' EVIL. I can still remember when I first watched watched Innocence from season 2. Phew! The exchange between Buffy and Angelus when she first sees him goes right for the fucking heart with a rusty knife. Ouch.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Season 4 gets a pass for having some of the best fucking episodes of the entire show with Angelus locked in the cage. That was some of the most intense television I've ever seen.

Then it ended with the dumbest, most out of character moment ever...Angel KNOCKING Cordy out and locking her in a cage...I can't stand when writers change character behavior merely because it fits their ultimate plan...And Angelus was the complete opposite of what we've seen for years on the show prior to that...He's hammy, and Boreanaz chews more scenery than Bruce attacking the Orca.

One of many reasons why season 4 was terrible for me.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

I'm currently attempting to get one of my hosts hooked on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She found some of the dialogue a bit weak in Season One and Buffy's costume design flamboyant (the term "hooker wear" popped up).

I assured her that the dialogue improves, as does the wardrobe. There are elements of Season One that are indefensible - (the hyena episode, the puppet episode, to name a few).

Before I leave, I vow to get her hooked on the series and Angel. She's a huge fan of Firefly and Serenity and she liked Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

Actually I can defend The Pack really easily....It's a great character episode...The monsters have always been catalysts for the character interactions and the moments with Xander being a dick to Willow are worth watching the whole episode.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm  Reply with quote

Well, my friend is ready to take an axe to her television re: Riley. I had to tell her to calm down and take a chill pill, that the hatred of that character was prevalent in the Buffyverse. She'll next be watching This Year's Girl, the excellent Faith/Buffy two-parter, so she's almost finished Season Four.

She's a big fan of Angel and misses his absence on the series; I told her as soon as she finishes Buffy The Vampire Slayer, she can dive right in to Angel. She's wanting to watch Angel very, very slowly and savor it, so I suspect she'll finally finish Angel sometime in the 31st century. I'm going to try to convince her to watch it at a normal pace.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

I never missed Angel...Not once...They're relationship reached it's course about halfway through season 3 for me. Also, I like Riley a bit more upon repeat viewings...He makes perfect sense in the overall arc of Buffy, as he's the best guy for Buffy, but ultimately not her type.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I never missed Angel...Not once...They're relationship reached it's course about halfway through season 3 for me. Also, I like Riley a bit more upon repeat viewings...He makes perfect sense in the overall arc of Buffy, as he's the best guy for Buffy, but ultimately not her type.

I never liked him; their total lack of chemistry and Marc Blucas' wooden performance sealed the deal for me.

I told my friend, "Hey, you think you don't like him, trying being a fan of the series like me who watched this as first-run episodes."
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I'm with FilmCritic on this one. While the character itself made general sense in the overall scheme of Buffy, I couldn't stand the actuality of him. I got really tired of how whiny he became after awhile of Buffy being stronger than him, too.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Maximum Destruction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am  Reply with quote

im ready for the big Angel movie
iank
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:13 am  Reply with quote

Love Buffy and Angel (Buffy more so). Rewatching season 3 again at the moment, absolutely brilliant.