FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Damnation thoughts?
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Well if anyone out there still remembers this game, it finally came out. So was it any good? No.

I was really looking forward to this one and it has all that trappings of a good game. Jumping around and exploring big environments like Lara Croft, over the shoulder gunplay like ever other game, and a cool, steampunk look. So what the hell happened?

First off, the AI is more unstable than your sister. One minute their nailing you in the head from across the world, then the next thing you know, they decide to face a wall and wait for your vengeance.

The weaponry, while cool looking, is as generic as the first GoW. Shotty, pistols, machine guns and snipers are used in abundance, and while some are good, others (looking at you, machine gun) are a complete waste.

The jumping around is fun and easy, and the best part by far. But there's really nothing to discover besides your typical collectibles that don't seem to do anything besides achievements. It also has Co-Op and Vs, but I couldn't find one living soul online to see how it is.

Well, I'm off to play it some more, as these are my thoughts after only 3-4 hours. So far I'd stay away until it hits the $20 mark, which shouldn't be that long.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 am  Reply with quote

Damn, and I was really looking forward to this one.
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 am  Reply with quote

IGN gave it a 2.5 out of 10.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:56 am  Reply with quote

MeAndMyMeatCleaver wrote:
IGN gave it a 2.5 out of 10.
Ouch. No wonder this thread is dead, no one is playing this crappy game, and for good reason. Talk about your wasted potential...