FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Eminem-Relapse
arandomthought
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the new cd, and I love it. It wasn't what I expected at all. He definitely put horror influences into his lyrics. He also goes into his drug habits, and different obstacles. There are songs that are just random, but I enjoy them as well. I think the only two songs I did not enjoy are Crack a bottle ft: Dre, and 50 cent, and Old Times Sake ft: Dre.

The bonus tracks are great as well.

Any of you guys listen to it at all yet?
X-Count
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

I had the albums 2 weeks ago when it leaked. I think it's a great album after that bullshit that was Encore. Fuck Encore! The only tracks I really feel that should not be on it is Crack a Bottle, We Made You, and Beautiful. They all seem like they shouldn't be on it cause they're mostly completely different from the rest of this blood-soaked, psychotic thing of an album. I do like Old Time's Sake cause it kept with the drug theme running throughout and it has Dre returning to that West Coast vibe he had back in the day.

I loved the numerous references to Dahmer, Bundy, Jason, Michael, Freddy, etc. Though he references Jason on every album.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 pm  Reply with quote

What, is he doing horror rap now? I checked out some horror rap after reading a story about it in Rue Morgue but didn't like it.
X-Count
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
What, is he doing horror rap now? I checked out some horror rap after reading a story about it in Rue Morgue but didn't like it.

It's called horrorcore, and that's pretty much what the Slim Shady (EP and LP) and Marshall Mathers LP were. Though on this album, nearly every track is a really fucked up murder fantasy laced with extreme drug abuse. The title of the album can be seen two ways, a drug relapse or a relapse where Em falls back into his homicidal Slim Shady alter-ego. Which Shady overtakes the bulk of the album except the above mentioned tracks. He even kills himself this time! Laughing So if you like your rap music with chainsaws, dismemberments, blood-splattered, perverted, drug riddled, with more extreme violence and murder thrown in... then this album is for you. Even Heath Ledger is referenced a few times. ....Yeah, he went for it. Laughing And some of his complex rhymes and flows on this thing are crazier than the other albums. I'm impressed with a lot of the rhymes he pulled off.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:14 am  Reply with quote

X-Count wrote:
I had the albums 2 weeks ago when it leaked. I think it's a great album after that bullshit that was Encore. Fuck Encore! The only tracks I really feel that should not be on it is Crack a Bottle, We Made You, and Beautiful. They all seem like they shouldn't be on it cause they're mostly completely different from the rest of this blood-soaked, psychotic thing of an album. I do like Old Time's Sake cause it kept with the drug theme running throughout and it has Dre returning to that West Coast vibe he had back in the day.

I loved the numerous references to Dahmer, Bundy, Jason, Michael, Freddy, etc. Though he references Jason on every album.

I actually like beautiful, although you're right, it doesn't fit in with the feel. As for crack a bottle, I came to grips with that song a long time ago. Don't think it fits, but it's a good listen with some of his other stuff.

As for encore, I enjoy it. Definitely not in his prime, and definitely the worst album he's done, but it still stands above a good portion of rap.

Floydian, give this album a try. I'd say it takes elements of horrorcore, and combines it with a little bit of mainstream, and mix it with a good chunk of inteligence, and you've got the raging beast that is relapse.

I cannot wait for relapse part 2(no idea what they are calling it but it comes out later this year).

Floydian, you should also check out necro, ill bill, aesop rock(not horrorcore, but defines what rap should be(imo)), icp(if you can handle the stupidity of the fans some of the music is actually good, don't take any of it seriously though), twiztid(ditto on them), prozac is good stuff as well.

Try tech n9ne as well. Look up Tech N9ne I can get grimm on youtube to see why he's one of my favorites.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:49 pm  Reply with quote

Got this Tuesday. So far, pretty good, my favorite so far is My Mom. I don't know why I find that song so funny. But overall, this is better than Encore.

RE: Horrorcore

ICP and Twitzid are great with the material they write. But the best will always be Tecca Nina (for those who don't know that nickname) aka Tech-9 Mr. Green
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:51 am  Reply with quote

Myer's Son wrote:
Got this Tuesday. So far, pretty good, my favorite so far is My Mom. I don't know why I find that song so funny. But overall, this is better than Encore.

ICP and Twitzid are great with the material they write. But the best will always be Tecca Nina (for those who don't know that nickname) aka Tech-9 Mr. Green

Check the post above yours Twisted Evil

I am a technician for life...never went for the juggalo stuff. Funny enough, I bought every cd he's done so far in a wide release, at least 4 times(in passing to friends and stuff).
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

I'm not really into rap much only really ever listened to Tupac. I picked this up out of curiosity and I think it's pretty damn good. In 3 a.m. he raps about The Silence of the Lambs and I like My Mom as well. I like Hello too. Must Be The Ganja is good.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

I'm listening to this over and over to get a handle on the album and it's really damn good. I kind of can relate to some of it even which is scary.

My Mom has become my favorite track.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
I'm listening to this over and over to get a handle on the album and it's really damn good. I kind of can relate to some of it even which is scary.

My Mom has become my favorite track.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The more and more I listen to the album, I'm really digging the hell out of it. #12 Stay Wide Awake is becoming my favorite, his wordplay is amazing...and HE's just talking about raping a girl. That's insane, but it shows what a lyricist he is.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:39 pm  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:

I am a technician for life...never went for the juggalo stuff. Funny enough, I bought every cd he's done so far in a wide release, at least 4 times(in passing to friends and stuff).

I ignored it for the fact you mention the fans "stupidity", I consider myself a fan of their music, so you're implying I'm stupid..for what reason??

Oh and everyone has to check out Tech9 latest album.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up the Marshall Mathers LP today and listened to it once so far and think Relapse blows it away.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:15 pm  Reply with quote

I can't get over how awesome My Mom is. This might be the best rap song I've ever heard. Laughing
arandomthought
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:31 pm  Reply with quote

Myer's Son wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:

I ignored it for the fact you mention the fans "stupidity", I consider myself a fan of their music, so you're implying I'm stupid..for what reason??

I meant the Juggalo fanbase. The reason I say that is that this is a fanbase that take the family idea, and twist it around from what it is meant to be. Rather then accepting everyone, this fanbase hates so many people because they listen to one or two people that have a beef with icp, or twizted. The whole idea behind it has become so corrupted because of the 14-15 year old juggalos. That is what I think is stupid. I don't judge people normally, but the whole corruption of that idea just pisses me off so much.

Anyways, I am glad you enjoy it floyd. I love medicine ball more then anything else. If you like this, and you have pidgin/yahoo messanger, I can send you a couple of my favorite unreleased tracks, as well as a sampler of the other artists I mentioned. Just pm me your sn.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:50 pm  Reply with quote

arandomthought wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:
arandomthought wrote:
Myer's Son wrote:

I meant the Juggalo fanbase. The reason I say that is that this is a fanbase that take the family idea, and twist it around from what it is meant to be. Rather then accepting everyone, this fanbase hates so many people because they listen to one or two people that have a beef with icp, or twizted. The whole idea behind it has become so corrupted because of the 14-15 year old juggalos. That is what I think is stupid. I don't judge people normally, but the whole corruption of that idea just pisses me off so much.

Ooh, my bad, that makes more sense and I 100% agree with you. The period when Eminem came out with "Marshal Mathers LP" and I thought it was a good album, I got so much resentment from my fellow "juggalos" because we had to beef w/ Em because ICP was beefing it with him. I was like, "Are you freakin' out of ur mind!!" Music is music, and if I consider something good music I'm going to listen to it. Anyways, going off topic here... track #17 "Beautiful" is becoming one of my favorites real fast Mr. Green