Cinema Junkie Podcast Sets the Stage for This Weekend’s HORRIBLE IMAGININGS FILM FESTIVAL

We’re counting down the days until the Horrible Imaginings Film Festival kicks off on Friday! The annual celebration of our beloved genre runs from August 30th thru September 1st in Santa Ana, CA. You can read about the films screening at the event by following the links below; you can also see the entire festival schedule, HERE.

Related Article: HORRIBLE IMAGININGS FILM FEST 2019 Announces First Wave of Selections

Related Article: HORRIBLE IMAGININGS FILM FEST Announces 2nd Wave of Short Film Selections

Recently, the festival’s founder and executive director Miguel Rodriguez sat down with the folks at Cinema Junkie to discuss what this year’s attendees can expect. Listen to the conversation in its entirety, HERE.

Cinema Junkie Podcast 177 Episode Synopsis:
Horrible Imaginings Film Festival has been bringing genre films to the big screen for 10 years. To celebrate this anniversary, festival founder and executive director Miguel Rodriguez looks to new trends in the horror genre and how horror addresses real social issues.

Horror movies, they are often the scapegoat in debates about violence with politicians pointing a finger at the genre and urging for Hollywood to cut back on gore, violence and stories that take viewers out of their comfort zone. But perhaps horror movies are less the cause of real world violence and more a means by which we react to the world and filter our anxieties and fears through art or use art as a means of expressing the anger and violence toward things we cannot control.

For this podcast I will be talking about all things horror with Rodriguez. The festival began in San Diego and I am thrilled to say I was there to help from its first year. Last year the challenges of finding an appropriate venue in San Diego forced him to move the festival to the Frida Cinema in Orange County.

Horrible Imaginings takes place Aug. 30 through Sept. 1 at the Frida Cinema.

What do you think of Miguel Rodriguez’s appearance on the Cinema Junkie Podcast? Will you be attending the Horrible Imaginings Film Festival, kicking off on Friday? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: