FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> R.I.P. RE 5
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:41 pm  Reply with quote

MeAndMyMeatCleaver wrote:
I got it the other day. I'm on the Mines right now.

Its okay I think. As said, controls/inventory are awkward. The AI partner is good mostly, except she loves to waste ammo. I'm pushing through doing the old "don't shoot if i don't have to" RE, and she's just firing pot shots. And healing even if i don't need it. Its fun though. But once the wonder wears off, we'll see how it holds up.

You know you can make her conserve ammo, right? I found out only after she went gonzo and wasted all my machine gun ammo. I think you hold down B and press up or down. Otherwise a great game.
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

Well she has "Cover" and "Attack". I've kept her on cover. I restarted the game last night. Let her ONLY have the pistol this time (up to mines, where I'm at again) Much better.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 pm  Reply with quote

That's exactly what I did. Then I upgraded her pistol and late in the game she became a head poppin' fiend.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 pm  Reply with quote

This game is right there with 4 as being the best in the series. I just wish they change the control scheme. I really hate not being able to shoot and move at the same time. Dead Space let you move around and was a far more intense game than Resident Evil.
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:15 pm  Reply with quote

Beat it the other day. Really is a helluva lot of fun. Once I got the hang of the controls and how t use Shiva right it went swimmingly. Kinda easy compared to the other series, and shorter. I want to play more - but I can't bring myself to start it again (opened all levels at Mercinaries but I can't get myself to replay)

Maybe later on I'll play at a higher difficutly.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

I'm on my fifth playthrough right now (on Professional mode). I liked it a lot but I agree that the control schemes need to be tweaked for the next one and I hope that they try to make a return to horror instead of just straight-up action w/ a sci-fi twist like this one was.

I didn't have to worry about Sheva's crappy AI since my wife always played as her, which was a good and bad thing (at least when the AI Sheva gets you killed for the fifth time in a row and you scream at it you don't end up sleeping on the couch).
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 am  Reply with quote

Shiva's AI I didnt' think was too bad but she needless wasted alot of ammo - thus I only gave her the pistol (and my empty weapons I didn't wanna lug around). Wasted too many herbs too. LIke one bite and she sprays ya. I'd see the icon come up and try to keep away from her so she'd not spray yet.
She had great aim though - I'd often let her take the tricky shots I know I'd miss.