FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Aliens vs. Predators!
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 pm  Reply with quote

In the most recent issue of OXM, there is an exclusive article detailing the development of an Aliens vs. Predators game (with Marines as well!). It's being developed by UK company Rebellion. The screenshots from the game look gorgeous. It's a lengthy article so I wouldn't be able to give all the details, but I suggest going out and picking up the latest issue.

It's due out in 2010.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, this was announced at the same time they announced Aliens:Colonial Marines being delayed.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:32 am  Reply with quote

I just got avp 2, I hope these two games come out.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:59 am  Reply with quote

Rebellion Also did the underrated Rogue Trooper and Sniper Elite along with the Jaguar AVP game.
I can't wait to see when or if they put out.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Rebellion Also did the underrated Rogue Trooper and Sniper Elite along with the Jaguar AVP game.
I can't wait to see when or if they put out.

Was the jaguar avp game any good? If so, how the hell do I find it and play it.

I was looking at rogue trooper, wanted to get it, but passed. Never heard of sniper elite though.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 pm  Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same game that was on PC?
arandomthought
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same game that was on PC?

If it was, then I already play it to this day. I hope it's different. I just found an arcade game called Aliens:Extermination. That was fun. I have a place to buy arcade machines, so I think I might try and get that one.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 pm  Reply with quote

Yes it was Rebellion that made that game. One of the best games I've ever played. There is a short article about the new one in the latest OXM. They acknowledge that Shell Shock was a horrible game and now have something to prove. I didn't know that Shellshock was already halfway done when they inherited it in a merger. The OXM guys talk about the level of violence they've seen in the Predator campaign hasn't been done in a long time but they're pretty sure it will get a bit tamer when it's released to get the mature rating. They are very much making this game for adults which is a good thing. Now the wait.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:00 am  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Yes it was Rebellion that made that game. One of the best games I've ever played. There is a short article about the new one in the latest OXM. They acknowledge that Shell Shock was a horrible game and now have something to prove. I didn't know that Shellshock was already halfway done when they inherited it in a merger. The OXM guys talk about the level of violence they've seen in the Predator campaign hasn't been done in a long time but they're pretty sure it will get a bit tamer when it's released to get the mature rating. They are very much making this game for adults which is a good thing. Now the wait.

I just hope it isn't as bad as predator concrete jungle. I want the campaigns to be bloody, and absolutely brutal. I've never seen a GOOD clean predator.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:15 am  Reply with quote

Sounds like you're going to get your brutality with this one.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:42 am  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
Sounds like you're going to get your brutality with this one.

Can't wait. I personally think a predator game should have a lot of gore. Same with alien actually, but alien can be more easily hidden because most of those movies appear in dark places.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

The Predator, at this point anyway, has trophy kills where it'll pop a guys head off spine and all and keep it.

They are watching the movies and want to make these creatures behave just as they did in the movies.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
The Predator, at this point anyway, has trophy kills where it'll pop a guys head off spine and all and keep it.

They are watching the movies and want to make these creatures behave just as they did in the movies.

I think thry should look to the comics as well.

Speaking of the comics, I've been dying to see a live action version of bad blood.

I'm happy about the trophy kills, that makes me all warm and gooey inside...nvm, it's outside now Shocked
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 am  Reply with quote

They also talked about the Predator jumping from tree branch to tree branch to follow its prey. They're not even safe there because Aliens can scramble on those same trees.

The Marines are gonna be packing some serious firepower.

AvP on PC was pretty well balanced so I have no doubt that this one will be as well. I wonder what engine they're using.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

Floydian Trip wrote:
They also talked about the Predator jumping from tree branch to tree branch to follow its prey. They're not even safe there because Aliens can scramble on those same trees.

The Marines are gonna be packing some serious firepower.

AvP on PC was pretty well balanced so I have no doubt that this one will be as well. I wonder what engine they're using.

I actually hope it's not unreal because the last few games I've played on the unreal engine, the game felt botched and thrown together. I'm actually trying to learn how to make a videogame right now(I have the software and stuff), to see what I can do about making an engine I'm happy with. Or at least a game I'm happy with.

I would love to see the aliens go toe to toe with a predator in the trees.