Lawrence Kasdan Teaming with Author Harlan Coben to Adapt Hitchcockian Thriller Stay Close

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Deadline

Source Url:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/lawrence-kasdan-harlan-coben-team-on-new-thriller-novel-stay-close/

Post Thumb:

/jan12/stayclosethumb.jpg

Producer/writer/director Lawrence Kasdan (Dreamcatcher, The Big Chill) and bestselling author Harlan Coben are teaming on a feature adaptation of Stay Close, Coben’s latest novel, which Dutton will publish March 20, and the hope is to have a script ready by the book’s release date.

Kasdan will direct the film based on what’s being described as a Hitchcockian thriller in which a past crime returns to devastate the lives of a photojournalist, a suburban mother with a hidden past, and a homicide detective obsessed with a series of unsolved disappearances. Stay Close plunges all three into a dark world of sex, secrets, and shocking violence.

Kasdan told Deadline that he was ready to return to the potboiler style of film he visited so successfully with Body Heat some 30 years ago. “Harlan and I met at a conference organized by Jeff Bezos, and we just hit it off,” Kasdan said. “I’d read a couple of his books, and after asking him why they hadn’t been made into his movies, he told me his tale of woe, of having everything optioned and developed to death. We agreed to look through his stuff, and he said, ‘I just finished a book today, do you want to read it?’ I think it’s the most adaptable of his books, with a tight plot and strong characters. We’ll have the script ready by March, and at that point we’ll see who salutes. When you boil Harlan’s fiction to its core, it’s intensity, momentum, and tension; and this will be a medium budget sexy and violent film.

Lawrence Kasdan Teaming with Author Harlan Coben to Adapt Hitchcockian Thriller Stay Close

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Keep your secrets in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized