FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> The Path
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:24 am  Reply with quote

http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/

This seems to be right up a horror fans alley. You guys should give this some coverage as it's an independant game for $9.99

I'm dying to play myself but there is a crash bug they they haven't released a patch for yet. Not everyone is experiencing this.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:47 am  Reply with quote

While The Path does not contain any graphic violence or sexuality, it does allude
to these themes. The overall melancholy mood of the game and the potentially
unsettling course of events, make The Path unsuitable for children.

I love this.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:54 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It's on my radar. Forces outside DC are conspiring to leave me without the time to give it the love it demands, though. I absolutely will hit it soon!
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:09 am  Reply with quote

Fuck!
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm  Reply with quote

I downloaded it through the Windows client and can't get it to work. I've heard it's better to download it through Steam. Not really sure if there's a difference. I know it would be difficult to recommend a game with a bug like this but these guys have been very quick to respond to my emails and I will get it to work. I'm going to email them and see if they'll let me download it again through steam this time. It's independant so it's tough to get pissed off about it but I am extremely frustrated because this game sounds very interesting.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:05 am  Reply with quote

I've been wanting to check this out so please let us know how it is as soon as you get it to work!
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:11 am  Reply with quote

I most definitely will. I don't normally spout off about a game before I've played it but I just have a good feeling about this one. It just seems like it's going to be deeper and aimed more at horror fans than most games that come out.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:16 pm  Reply with quote

I got it to work and it was my own stupid fault that it wasn't working. I'm not sure if I was affected by the bug or not since I did all the fixes but my biggest problem was that my PC crashed a couple of days before I downloaded the game so I had to reload Windows and all the drivers. I didn't think about it or realize 'til last night when I loaded up Sins of a Solar Empire and it wouldn't work either. I checked the driver for video card and it was some generic one that wasn't allowing hardware acceleration. I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidea and installed it and the game started right up.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am  Reply with quote

This is for sure a unique experience. I haven't quite grasped the concept yet and basically have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I took Ginger out first and just lit a fire in a campsite to chill for the night. I'm trying to find a wolf and see what happens.

If you didn't like The Blair Witch Project you probably wont like this as so far it's a lot of wandering aimlessly through the forest. I just need to start putting all the pieces together.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:00 am  Reply with quote

I haven't gotten to the "horror" yet but this game just gets more and more bizarre.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:30 am  Reply with quote

Damn, what a trip. The game makes me feel like I'm high. The imagery is nuts. I can't be sure but I think I saw some really fucked up shit. I completed the first chapter with a B ranking. I didn't get to find everything I needed to.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:51 am  Reply with quote

I started to take the youngest out next, Robin, but just saved and quit. This is a time consuming game. I have no idea what anything in Chapter 1 meant but hopefully the more I play the more I'll understand.
arandomthought
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

sounds fun man.

I have an nvidia card, where do I get the latest drivers for it?
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

Nvidea's website has all the drivers and will automatically search for the correct driver if you want it to.

Honestly this game isn't for everyone. I think most gamers are action junkys these days and the slow pace of this one would turn most off. If you enjoy the bizarre, however, you'd probably get into it. Everything about it is just off the wall. It is definitely a unique experience and I appreciate the effort that goes into making these independant games. I'm even corresponding with the guys who made it and they are really cool guys.

This game kind of makes me think about The Company of Wolves and how strange that movie is.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 am  Reply with quote

They just made it available for the Mac so I'm gonna download it sometime in the next few weeks and give it a whirl.