Comic Book’s Finale Doesn’t Signal End of THE WALKING DEAD TV Series AMC Promises

Though Issue #193 of The Walking Dead comic book series (released yesterday and launched by Robert Kirkman in 2003) may be the last, this doesn’t mean the TV series on AMC is winding down (even though, after 9 seasons, maybe it should be). The cable network released the following statement:

“This extraordinary comic created a world that already lives in multiple forms, and in the hearts and minds of millions of fans around the world, and will for many years to come. The comic series ending is not expected to impact the TV series.”

Kirkman released his own statement regarding The Walking Dead‘s comic book conclusion:

“I hate knowing what’s coming. As a fan, I hate it when I realize I’m in the third act of a movie and the story is winding down. I hate that I can count commercial breaks and know I’m nearing the end of a TV show. I hate that you can feel when you’re getting to the end of a book, or a graphic novel… I love long movies for that very reason. You lose track of time because you went in convinced that you’re going to be there for a long time, but the story moves at such an entertaining and engaging pace that by the time the movie’s wrapping up … you can’t believe it’s already over. Surprise, it’s over! All I’ve ever done, all a creator can really do … is tailor-make stories to entertain themselves, and hope the audience feels the same way. That’s all I’ve ever been doing … and it seems to work most of the time.”

Are you upset by the ending of The Walking Dead comic book series? Are you appeased by AMC’s promise that the TV series will soldier on (perhaps indefinitely)? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: