A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET’s Heather Langenkamp Wants to Join THE CONJURING Universe

As the actress who played Nancy Thompson in the A Nightmare on Elm Street series launched by Wes Craven in 1984, Heather Langenkamp is already horror royalty. But when she looks to the future, she’s interested in moving away from the slasher films that made her famous. The current franchise she’s most enamored by is James Wan’s The Conjuring.

Here’s what she told ComicBook.com in a recent interview:

“I think some of the New Line films that they’re putting out, like the Annabelle and all the universes from the Conjuring universes, I do really like a lot of those movies, and I think they all have some really great characters, and they use a lot of character actors from the genre. I think those movies are the ones that appeal to me most. I’m not really into slasher movies. I really don’t love watching the body count racking itself up. Of course, I mean, there’s a lot of great parts in all of those movies.”

But would she be down to reprise Nancy (should New Line ever pull the trigger on a long-gestating Nightmare re-reboot)? Yes:

“I would really love to reprise Nancy in a way, because I feel that there’s more of that story to be told, certainly. But I don’t know if there’s anyone out there who is as imaginative as Wes Craven, who could figure it out. I just don’t know. I don’t see enough great storylines that would incorporate NancyThompson in any universe. I just don’t know if that exists, but some brilliant person might be working on something. But I know the fans would love it so much because I see them in these situations where they’re so enthusiastic.”

Check out the interview in its entirity, HERE.

Would you like to see Heather Langenkamp in a Conjuring movie and/or another Elm Street flick? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Annabelle Comes Home hit theaters last week; peep the synopsis and trailer below.

Synopsis:
Determined to keep Annabelle from wreaking more havoc, paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren lock the possessed doll in the artifacts room in their house. But when the doll awakens the room’s evil spirits, it soon becomes an unholy night of terror for the couple’s 10-year-old daughter, her friends and their young baby sitter.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: