SCREAM QUEEN! MY NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET to Screen for Outfest; Robert Englund to Attend

It’s Pride Month, and LA’s Outfest Film Festival is holding special screenings of the documentary Scream Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street. It tells the story of the “gayest horror movie ever made”, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge! Members of the cast, including Robert Englund (the actor synonymous with Freddy Krueger), are attending for a Q&A.

Synopsis:
In 1985, Mark Patton landed the lead in the hotly anticipated sequel to the blockbuster film A Nightmare on Elm Street. It was a dream come true, putting him on track to become a young Hollywood star. But instead Patton found himself facing a stark reality: he was a young, closeted gay man starring in a subversively queer film that was maligned by fans, failed at the box office, and destroyed his career. He retreated from show business and left the country, unaware of the growing reappraisal of Freddy’s Revenge and the cult status it achieved in the years following its dismissal.

Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street brings Patton out of hiding after 30 years, finally ready to embrace the film and confront his own demons by telling his story. The documentary also examines how attitudes towards the controversial sequel have changed along with the social mores of both Hollywood and society. Interviews with celebrities, film historians, and the original cast and crew—including Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund—round out this exploration into how the gayest horror film of all time ever got made.

Scream Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street screens Saturday, July 20th at  9:40 PM at the TCL Chinese 6 Theatre (Red carpet with the cast of Nightmare on Elm Street 2) and Sunday, July 21st at 9:00 PM at MOCA Grand Ave: The Museum of Contemporary Art!

Scream Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street is directed by Roman Chimienti and Tyler Jensen

Are you attending the Outfest Film Festival? Are you planning to screen Scream Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: