FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Guitar Hero: Metallica
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:05 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

How many are doing the midnight launch for this one?

What's your most anticipated track? I'm torn between War Ensemble by Slayer and Creeping Death by Meeeeeetalicaaaaaa.

Now if only they'd do a Guitar Hero: Pantera, I'd die a happy man. Probably from a massive coronary while playing 'Rise'.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:13 pm  Reply with quote

I won't be at the midnight launch, but I'll rent it. I'm all about the drums these days, but it might be a little too intense for me. Lars is a grade-a douche, but the man can (or rather, could) pound like nobody's business. I get the feeling I'll get slaughtered on hard and expert. But hey, if it's good, I'll pick it up when it goes down a bit in price.
As for my most anticipated song? Jump in the Fire. Oh hells yeah. One of their best tracks eve...what? It's not on the disk?! Shit. Oh well, I guess Fight Fire With Fire. Can you imagine trying to keep up with the insane bass peddling in that one? Frank will fail, but smile doing so.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:50 am  Reply with quote

He can still play because he plays those songs live. And NO to Pantera. One of the worst, most overrated metal bands of all time. Absolutely terrible.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:16 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
He can still play because he plays those songs live. And NO to Pantera. One of the worst, most overrated metal bands of all time. Absolutely terrible.

I DISAGREE!! But whatever, man.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Pestilence
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:06 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Mr. Dark wrote:

Now if only they'd do a Guitar Hero: Pantera, I'd die a happy man. Probably from a massive coronary while playing 'Rise'.

Or some dude comes randomly running into your house and shoots you in the face.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:

Or some dude comes randomly running into your house and shoots you in the face.

Yeah. That's really funny. Almost as funny as people paying Metallicock to play their songs. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't played GH in a long time but even still this is by far the hardest iteration out yet. Fight Fire with Fire is definitely the hardest song in the game. Overall it's a pretty nice compilation of Metallica songs. As far as the other bands on here I would have picked much better songs for them.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:54 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Floydian Trip wrote:
I haven't played GH in a long time but even still this is by far the hardest iteration out yet. Fight Fire with Fire is definitely the hardest song in the game. Overall it's a pretty nice compilation of Metallica songs. As far as the other bands on here I would have picked much better songs for them.

Fight Fire With Fire is insane. I usually play on Medium (what? I don't care about high scores, I want to get into it and have fun without worrying about hitting less than 5 stars) and that thing played like Hard on previous editions. Crazy, super-fast chord structure.

Once again the Suicidal Tendencies track kicked my ass pretty hard as well. I have no idea why GH can't manage to get some of the better, straightforward ST tracks into the game, from the Rocky period. You Can't Bring Me Down, Send Me Your Money, How Will I Laugh Tomorrow, Raise The Dead, Goin' Breakdown, etc etc etc. Great thrash songs without the weird-ass 'syko-punk' noodling.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

I've always played this game on medium going for the fun moreso than the frustration. I must really suck at it now though because I'm feeling pretty good about getting 5 stars or 100% on Easy. I'm currently getting my ass kicked by Dyer's Eve.