Tony Todd Will Most Likely Be in Jordan Peele’s CANDYMAN Remake

For a while, we wondered if Tony Todd, the actor who made Candyman iconic, would even have a cameo in the upcoming reboot being produced by Jordan Peele–until now. Todd put speculation to rest at the Nickle City Con in New York, and our friends at CinemaBlend got the scoop!

“Out of the blue, I got a phone call from Jordan Peele. We’re still waiting for the contract, but the way he explained it to me was that it’s gonna be applause-worthy moments. That’s his words. No matter what happens with that, it’s gonna just put renewed attention on the original.”

Related Article: CANDYMAN Remake Director Talks Bonding with Jordan Peele Over Horror

So barring some issue over money or something stupid, it sounds like a done deal. Who Todd will be playing, however, remains something of a mystery. Will he be playing the titular Candyman once again? Time will tell.

Peele is penning the screenplay with Nia DaCosta directing the Candyman reboot. Todd will join previously confirmed cast members Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Teyonah Parris. Candyman is based on Clive Barker’s short story “The Forbidden”.

Look for Candyman to hit US theaters begining June 12th, 2020.

Are you excited to hear that Tony Todd will be appearing in the upcoming Candyman remake? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @josh_millican.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: