FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Anyone keeping up with the WWE?
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

Well, after watching ROH's DRIVEN 2008 PPV (the final PPV booked by Gabe) I can say that I'm officially done with ROH.

Now don't misunderstand me. The PPV was fantastic, especially the ROH World Tag Team Title Match between Steenerico and Age of the Fall. It's just what Pearce wants to do with the ROH product veers away from what drew me to ROH in the first place with it's Japanese Strong Style influenced wrestling. I know they've loaded the cards for the last two shows of the year but it really doesn't matter to me if it's being booked by someone who is influenced by American style pro wrestling. Which can be found in abundance in a lot of American indy feds.

Well, at least we still have PWG and CHIKARA that are catering to different styles of wrestling here in North America.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:50 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I love how NO ONE has talked about WWE in like 2 months.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 am  Reply with quote

Would you rather we talk about TNA whilst trying to keep a straight face? Wink

I did have a fantastic tag match between Milano Collection AT/Curry Man(me) vs. Bryan Danielson/Naomichi Marufuji in which we defended our WORLD X TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS. Went to a 60 minute draw. God bless FPR. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:27 am  Reply with quote

Matt Hardy turns on brother Jeff.

If they do this right and don't rush it, it should be a really great fued.

Can't wait till Christian comes back.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:01 am  Reply with quote

JoeDarkfall wrote:

I keep thinking about the match that they had against each other a few years back. I'm not looking forward to it.

Also, how great would it be if they brought Christian back when Edge was attacking Jeff, urged him to attack Jeff as well, and Christian instead went after Edge. Then we have a double brother turn. Very Happy

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
JoeDarkfall wrote:

I keep thinking about the match that they had against each other a few years back. I'm not looking forward to it.

Also, how great would it be if they brought Christian back when Edge was attacking Jeff, urged him to attack Jeff as well, and Christian instead went after Edge. Then we have a double brother turn. Very Happy

That would have been awesome......except that once again WWE has dropped the damn ball as Christian debuted on ECW last night Annoyed

Why in the hell would you waste a talent like Christian on ECW? Rolling Eyes
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 am  Reply with quote

JoeDarkfall wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
JoeDarkfall wrote:

That would have been awesome......except that once again WWE has dropped the damn ball as Christian debuted on ECW last night Annoyed

Why in the hell would you waste a talent like Christian on ECW? Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I was angered by that. People are defending it, saying it's a good way to ease back into the scene and not get lost in the shuffle of the midcard...except who ever said he wasn't an upper card talent at this point? And why be a big fish in a small pond? Barely any attention's paid to ECW anymore on WWE TV. And having him debut on an episode with no fanfare, not even at a PPV, or even the night AFTER the PPV, and throwing him immediately into the title scene...before Swaggah has a title match?

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

Of course, the rating went up...a whopping .2 ratings points.

What The Cat Dragged In
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 pm  Reply with quote

I'm getting scared at all these rumors of Hogan wrestling at WrestleMania. I can only imagine how shitty that match can possibly be.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 am  Reply with quote

I've been reading that Vince doesn't really like Christian and doesn't see him as a star...Then why the FUCK did they sign him again?
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm  Reply with quote

Andrew "Test" Martin died Friday. Causes unknown.

Damn!
The Unknown Murderer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:33 am  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I've been reading that Vince doesn't really like Christian and doesn't see him as a star...Then why the FUCK did they sign him again?

I believe they signed Christian to take the most popular 'Star' out of TNA.

However, Vince is an idiot because he doesn't think Christian has what it takes to be uppercard.

And when the ECW ratings didn't increase to a significant degree after Christian's debut, well, Vince just proved to himself what he already belived - that Christian's just a mid-carder and the fans don't know what they really want. Right?

Christian is a great wrestler and a cunning badass in the ring. I actually watch ECW now just to see what he'll do. I think he does great work and he's just plain entertaining which is more than I can ask for from 99% of the independent contractors working for WWE.

I would love to see Christian headlining on RAW, but I won't hold my breath.
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 am  Reply with quote

Vince blew a gasket because Smackdown & Raw's ratings are getting lower.

MAYBE if he put Christian on Smackdown the ratings would shoot up. Especially if they put him in a damn fued that made sense.

"Calm down, you'll get your cookie later you doughy little freak." Christian to Hornswoggle on Raw Monday

Instant Classic
The Unknown Murderer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 am  Reply with quote

JoeDarkfall wrote:
Vince blew a gasket because Smackdown & Raw's ratings are getting lower.

MAYBE if he put Christian on Smackdown the ratings would shoot up. Especially if they put him in a damn fued that made sense.

"Calm down, you'll get your cookie later you doughy little freak." Christian to Hornswoggle on Raw Monday

Instant Classic

I loved what Matt Striker said about Hornswoggle on ECW last night. After Horny snatched his headset and gave it back, Matt said something along the lines of "Great. Now I smell like frankfurters."

Too bad he isn't handling commentary on RAW with J.R. or Taz.
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, Strikers getting really good, I hope he does a bang-up job on the Randy Savage DVD set! Oh YEAH!!
JoeDarkfall
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 am  Reply with quote

They fired Mr. Kennedy..........Kennedy!!!

Are they fucking insane? He botched a spot in a 10 man tag match, accidentally dropping Randy Orton on his formerly injured shoulder.

I've seen worse botched spots on TV, spots that caused people to have broken bones and deep gashes.....and none of them got fired. But ohhh, screw up once with the new Heal main eventer and your gone?

Damn!!

Randy Savage DVD next tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!