Exclusive: Listen to Composer Gregory Tripi “I Am Not My Mother” From MA

Next Friday, Blumhouse will see the release of Ma, the latest from director Tate Taylor (The Girl on the Train), and what a party we’re expecting it to be! C’mon, when you’ve got Octavia Spencer offering her place up, you know it’s going to be a damn good time…right?

If you’re having a party, you’re gonna need some good music. That’s why we’ve got a taste of what Ma composer Gregory Tripi (After the Rain, Rememory, Manhunt: Lone Wolf, Twisted Metal) has in store for audiences with our exclusive premiere of the track “I Am Not My Mother”, which you can listen to below.

When discussing his approach towards scoring Ma, Tripi explained, “There were a lot of glassy instruments in the score, as well as a number of analog synthesizers, a metal Halo drum and a few things that contrasted: a live cello, a voice in a few cues, then basically tearing it all apart at the end. I also used pitched wine glasses, ones that when you rub them make long glassy tones. It’s a good organic vibe to have without feeling too recognizable. I also bought a ukulele in Hawaii that’s made from a used Japanese Bento box. You’d never recognize it as such because it sounds so big and textured.”

Soundtrack releasing digitally on May 24 via Back Lot Music. A CD release on Intrada Records and Vinyl release on Mondo will be coming this Summer. See the film in theaters May 31.

A lonely woman befriends a group of teenagers and decides to let them party at her house. Just when the kids think their luck couldn’t get any better, things start happening that make them question the intention of their host.

Ma is directed by Tate Taylor from a screenplay penned by Scotty Landes; in addition to Spencer, the film stars Juliette Lewis, Luke Evans, and Missi Pyle.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: