It’ll Be THE PURGE 5 vs GHOSTBUSTERS 3 in 2020

Universal has just announced that the 5th cinematic entry in The Purge franchise (launched by James DeMonaco in 2013) is slated to riot into US theaters beginning July 10th, 2020. This just so happens to be the current release date for Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters 3 (working title), setting the stage for a box office battle royale!

The news was broken by Forbes, who didn’t have plot details or even confirmation that DeMonaco would be returning to the director’s chair (as he previously mentioned he might, following a reinvigoration credited to The Purge TV series). Here’s what they stated:

“Alas, I cannot confirm whether this fifth chapter will be another prequel or a sequel set after Election Year, which (spoilers) ended with Purge Night being canceled after “not-Hillary Clinton” won the presidential election against “not-Donald Trump” (or, more accurately, “not-Rick Santorum”). Yes, in 2016, American voters helped turn a frigging Purge movie into a wish-fulfillment fantasy. Nice work there, folks. Nor can I confirm whether either James DeMonaco (who wrote all four films and directed the initial trilogy) or Gerard McMurray (who is allegedly helming one of 4,071 projects which Michael B. Jordan currently has in development) will be involved, but I’d be shocked if DeMonaco isn’t around in some capacity.”

We’ll keep you posted on additional Purge 5 and Ghostbusters 3 details as news emerges. Stay tuned and check back often!

Which upcoming horror movie are you most looking forward to in 2020: The Purge 5 or Ghostbusters 3? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: