FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Herbert West: Re-Animator TV Show
theGoldenSimatar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 am  Reply with quote

Anybody else feel bile rise from the depth of their throats and get images of Twilight and Buffy backwoods inbred with 90210 when they saw the cast pictures?

Honestly this has got to be one of the worst ideas for a movie to TV port I've ever heard in my life. Unless this show airs on one of the movie channels like HBO or Showtime, highly doubtful the over the top gore gags that made the movies such fun will appear.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:45 am  Reply with quote

I just want to know why West is a chick magnet in the show, I always thought he came off as to busy to bother with trivial things like social interaction.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:40 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Haven't really looked into it, but from what you describe it sounds like an abomination far removed from the source material.

As an aside, when I read this story earlier I couldn't help but think "If Lovecraft saw this he would have hung himself!" :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4929620/Fish-with-human-faces-spotted-in-South-Korea.html
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 am  Reply with quote

....there's a Reanimator tv show? What the hell?

Did I just pull a Buck Rogers and fall asleep in a mind shaft only to wake up years in the future?
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:20 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Gus Bjork wrote:

Did I just pull a Buck Rogers and fall asleep in a mind shaft only to wake up years in the future?

I read more into it earlier and it seems very much that it's in the treatment/proposal stage at the moment.

The stills that Fangoria printed are simply promo/pitch stills that are being used to try and get the project off the ground. It'll never move forward as all it's offering is ground already covered by Supernatural.

Nobody in their right mind will pick it up.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:25 am  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Gus Bjork wrote:

I read more into it earlier and it seems very much that it's in the treatment/proposal stage at the moment.

The stills that Fangoria printed are simply promo/pitch stills that are being used to try and get the project off the ground. It'll never move forward as all it's offering is ground already covered by Supernatural.

oh great now the Sci-fi channel will take that as a challenge
theGoldenSimatar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

Pestilence wrote:
Gus Bjork wrote:

Never say never my friend, I'm sure if they can attached a decent enough name to it, it'll at least get a pilot episode made.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:50 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Pestilence wrote:
Gus Bjork wrote:

oh great now the Sci-fi channel will take that as a challenge

Laughing I don't know they may have to stop those wonderful snake atatck movies or beast movies that sound good but really aren't