Rooney Mara – The Girl with the Freddy Tattoo Has Harsh Words for Elm Street Stint

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Entertainment Weekly

Source Url:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/29/this-weeks-cover-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-lisbeth-salander-rooney-mara/

Post Thumb:

/dec11/rooney.jpg

Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Freddy Tattoo Has Harsh Words for Elm Street StintWe’ll be the first to admit that after seeing the abysmal remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, we didn’t think there was any way that Rooney Mara could pull off playing the complex role of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo‘s Lisbeth Salander. Guess who else wasn’t a big fan of the movie or the role of Nancy? Mara herself.

Mara recently sat down with Entertainment Weekly and dropped the following comments about her part in Samuel Bayer’s travesty of a flick:

You kind of learn to self-sabotage with things you don’t want to get,” she tells EW. “Sometimes you don’t want to get something, but you do a really good job and you get it anyway. That’s kind of [what happened] with A Nightmare on Elm Street-I didn’t really even want it. And then I went in [to audition], and I was like, ‘Fuck. I definitely got that.'”

So how did she feel post-Elm Street?

I didn’t want to act anymore,” Mara continues. “I was like, this isn’t what I signed up for. If this is what my opportunities are going to be like, then I’m not that interested in acting. So I was very discouraged and disheartened. And then I got the Social Network script. That kind of re-inspired me.

While we totally get where she’s coming from in terms of how wretched the remake of the Wes Craven classic was, let’s no forget this is the same chick who played Classroom Girl #1 in Urban Legends: Bloody Mary. Maybe she’s prouder of that role than her one from Elm Street? Then again, yeah, we probably would be, too.

In other related news Samuel Bayer hasn’t worked since. Sometimes justice is sweet.

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be harsh in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized