FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Radio 666 -> Iron Maiden fans?
darkstar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:43 pm  Reply with quote

I didnt get a chance to check the entire section so my bad if theres already a Maiden thread

Any fans here? I'd love to hear your favorite albums and not so favorite albums songs etc.

Favorite album - Number of the Beast
Favorite song - tie Hallowed Be Thy Name/Sanctuary
Worst album - No Prayer For The Dying
Worst song tie - Sun and Steel/Quest For Fire
BadAsh
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

I love Maiden...too bad I couldn't get floor tickets to the Calgary show in June...friggin scalpers!

Anyway on topic:

Favorite album - Powerslave definitely

Favorite song - hmmm...maybe Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner...or Wrathchild

Worst album - don't really know what to say here, I like them all...maybe the new one? (Matter Of Life & Death)...or Dance of Death (because the album art blows goats)

Worst song - no comment lol.
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:40 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

This is a horror board. I'm willing to bet nearly everybody on here at least appreciates them, if not has a large portion of their skin mutilated in honor of them.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

I saw them in Sydney a couple months ago on the 'Somewhere basck In Time' tour. Phenomenal show. They easily wipe the floor with bands half their age.

Favourite Album: SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON

Favourite Song: Either 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' or 'Can I Play With Madness'

As for worst album, I think most of us can agree that both of the Blaze Bailey albums were terrible. Lame songs, muddy production and Bailey's voice is way too monotone and flat for the dramatics inherent in Maiden's music.

Actually, the only two good songs to come from those albums ('Sign of the Cross' and 'The Clansmen') were done brilliantly by Bruce in the ROCK IN RIO concert.

And thank Christ they got Adrian Smith back in the band.
BadAsh
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Cash Bailey wrote:
As for worst album, I think most of us can agree that both of the Blaze Bailey albums were terrible. Lame songs, muddy production and Bailey's voice is way too monotone and flat for the dramatics inherent in Maiden's music.

haha...I didn't even think of Virtua XI or XFactor...I think I blocked them from my mind.

Cash Bailey wrote:
Actually, the only two good songs to come from those albums ('Sign of the Cross' and 'The Clansmen') were done brilliantly by Bruce in the ROCK IN RIO concert.

those are great songs...actually the live version of Sign Of The Cross is up there with my favorites. Amazing stuff.
darkstar
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 am  Reply with quote

Cash Bailey wrote:
I saw them in Sydney a couple months ago on the 'Somewhere basck In Time' tour. Phenomenal show. They easily wipe the floor with bands half their age.

Favourite Album: SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON

Favourite Song: Either 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' or 'Can I Play With Madness'

And thank Christ they got Adrian Smith back in the band.

Believe it or not if I listen to those and tell myself its not Iron Maiden, the songs arent half bad.
And I agree in addition to getting Bruce back it just was never the same without Adrian either.
Floydian Trip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

Huge Iron Maiden fan here. The Somewhere Back in Time Tour was the first show I've missed of theirs since I can remember.

I love every album except the Blaze Bailey years, they were horrible and if Bruce hadn't come back Maiden would have been through.
What The Cat Dragged In
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:31 am  Reply with quote

My fav band.

My two favorite songs are "Hallowed Be The Name" and "Murders in the Rue Morgue." I can never decide between the two of them.

The Number of the Beast is my favorite album with Killers right behind it.

"The Angel and the Gambler" is the worst song.

Virtual XI is the worst album.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:07 am  Reply with quote

What The Cat Dragged In wrote:
Virtual XI is the worst album.

Yipes! There's a memory I didn't need dragged up.

And my vote for worst Maiden song goes to 'Virus'. I can't believe they released that as the first single from 'Virtual XI'.
theGoldenSimatar
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

Favorite Album: Dance of Death

Favorite Song: Paschendale

Worst Album: Hard to say, love their stuff but I'm not so big on Somewhere in Time

Worst Song: Once again hard to say, but maybe Wasting Love, it just seems so un-Maiden
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shaneg
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 am  Reply with quote

Totally dig Maiden. I saw them on the No prayer for the Dying tour in '91. Yeah, that dates me. It was the first tour without Adrian Smith. I'm still bummed that I didn't get to see him.

I've haven't heard very much of their recent stuff, so I can't say if it's good or bad. The Blaze albums are not what I would categorize as quality, but I'm sure someone out there likes them.

Favorite song(s): Live After Death versions of Hallowed Be Thy Name and Revelations.

Worst: Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. I could never get into that one.

Best Album: Live After Death - Yeah, it's basically a greatest hits, but I like the sound of it better than the studio versions.

Worst album: Sticking with the prime Dickinson era, since that is what I'm most familiar with, I didn't really get into Seventh Son or Fear of the Dark. Not that I dislike them, just my least favorites.

Best Eddie: Powerslave cover or The Trooper