Paul W.S. Anderson Talks Death Race: Inferno

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/studios/universal.jpg

Say what you want, but this writer is a huge fan of Paul W.S. Anderson’s Death Race franchise. With a surprisingly strong sequel/prequel released earlier this year and with production on Death Race: Inferno recently under way in South Africa, we checked in with Anderson (who helmed the first remake and has stayed on board the franchise ever since) during our recent Resident Evil: Retribution set visit to get his thoughts on this third installment and what the current status on the sequel is.

Anderson said of his involvement with the growing franchise, “I write the storylines still for each of the movies, and then Tony (Giglio) puts it together. Jeremy (Bolt) and I come on to produce each of the movies, but we’re not sitting on set necessarily worrying about all the nuts and bolts. We’re definitely very involved with the Death Race movies heavily on the creative side, though, and very involved with the post-production process as well. I think that’s one of my strengths- pulling everything together and editing during post.”

“But Death Race 3 just wrapped production in South Africa actually. Robin Shou (14K) is in it again, and he kept sending me videos from the set, usually of him beating on somebody. He’s telling me he’s having a great time all while he’s ramming someone’s head into the ground, just covered in blood (laughs). But that’s a really fun franchise to be a part of,” added Anderson.

In this all-new original feature film from Universal 1440 Entertainment, Death Race: Inferno follows a group of hardened criminals who race for their freedom in vicious new vehicles and face off in the ultimate blood sport when the popular Death Race is transported across the globe to the unforgiving and rugged terrain of South Africa.

Death Race: Inferno stars Luke Goss reprising his role as Frankenstein as well as Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames, Robin Shou, Fred Koelher, Dougray Scott, and Hlubi Mboya. Check out the official synopsis below and look for more on Death Race 3 soon!

Synopsis:
Convicted cop-killer Carl Lucas, aka Frankenstein, is a superstar driver in the brutal prison yard demolition derby known as Death Race. Only one victory away from winning freedom for himself and his pit crew, Lucas is plunged into an all-new competition more vicious than anything he has experienced before. Pitted against his most ruthless adversaries ever, Lucas fights to keep himself and his team alive in a race in South Africa’s infernal Kalahari Desert. With powerful forces at work behind the scenes to ensure his defeat, will Lucas’ determination to win at all costs mean the end of the road for him?

Paul W.S. Anderson Talks Death Race: Inferno

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Start your engines in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized