FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> UK's "Being Human"
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm  Reply with quote

A vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost all living together in an apartment. Sounds pretty good right from the start, I thought, so I downloaded the original pilot back in February. The show was fantastic. Everything I'd hoped to see in a TV series like this. It wasn't stupid, it tried to do original things, the story was good and actually logical. The pilot was good enough that there was a grass-roots effort to get it into production that was apparently successful.

So the series is now in production, unfortunately after having been "rebooted" which in typical fashion means they've fucking eviscerated the show. I'm not exaggerating when I say they've taken everything that was good out of the show and replaced it with absolute shit.

If you're considering checking the series out just grab the original pilot off bittorrent and imagine what could have been a pretty cool show. It's as if they hired the Knight Rider team to re-imagine the series. Another cool idea flushed down the toilet by people who have no idea what they're doing.
ForsakenMoon19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:50 pm  Reply with quote

I'm so excited to watch this show, i hope we get it here in canada!!! i've watched the first pilot and a few clips of the series and it looks sooooo good. my favorite character is definitly george the werewolf. he's so cute and emotionally deep. i love him!!!
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:43 am  Reply with quote

You'll enjoy it if you're very very very forgiving. All the goodness of the original February pilot is sadly gone.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 am  Reply with quote

Jim_McD wrote:
You'll enjoy it if you're very very very forgiving. All the goodness of the original February pilot is sadly gone.

So I shouldn't anticipate the upcoming BBC America airing?
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:18 am  Reply with quote

Well I've recently heard that it gets better starting in episode 2. I've been reluctant to watch the episodes and see for myself though. I've... I've just been hurt so many times before...

Smile