Celebrate Overlook Hotel-Style with THE SHINING Redrum Roll-Cake from The Homicidal Homemaker

With The Shining sequel Doctor Sleep arriving in US theaters this November, it’s the perfect time to revisit Stanley Kubrick’s arresting film adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel. Heck, you may even want to throw a Shining-themed costume party, complete with Shining-themed food and drinks.

Thanks to The Homicidal Homemaker, the dessert course is covered! In the video at the top of the article, the popular YouTuber shows how to make your own The Shining Redrum Roll-Cake. It sports the iconic honeycomb design of the Overlook’s carpet! Fans of The Homicidal Homemaker know her videos are more than educational; they’re entertaining and (of course) spooky!

“All work and no play makes me want to bake! And patterned roll cakes are one of my favorite ways to serve cake! If you’ve watched some of my previous videos, my recipe for this REDRUM Roll Cake inspired by The Shining is very similar to my Friday the 13th Camp Crystal Cake. And yes, the filling is actually spiked with Deadhead Dark Chocolate Rum!”

Yum!

For kicks, check out the synopsis and trailer for Kubrick’s The Shining below.

Synopsis:
Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) becomes winter caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel in Colorado, hoping to cure his writer’s block. He settles in along with his wife, Wendy (Shelley Duvall), and his son, Danny (Danny Lloyd), who is plagued by psychic premonitions. As Jack’s writing goes nowhere and Danny’s visions become more disturbing, Jack discovers the hotel’s dark secrets and begins to unravel into a homicidal maniac hell-bent on terrorizing his family.

Are you a fan of The Homicidal Homemaker? What do you think of The Shining Redrum Roll-Cake? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: