Corey Taylor Talks Message of SLIPKNOTs “All Out Life” & Describes New Album as “Introspective Pilgrimage”

It’s a great time to be a Slipknot fan, with a new album almost certainly dropping this summer. We’ve been watching the masked band of nine closely since they dropped a surprise video for a new track, “All Out Life”, on Halloween. Now, the band is gearing up to headline the massive Iowa State Fair, and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor told the Des Moines Register what fans can look forward too.

He explained the message behind “All Out Life” which is surprisingly political:

“People are way too pissed about the wrong things and not pissed enough about the right things. [‘All Out Life’ sets] the tone for getting people to stand up and go, ‘We’re not gonna allow this. We’re not gonna allow people to run us down for religious beliefs, for the color we are, for what we stand for. For who we chose to love.’ All of these things. There’s nobody doing it, man. Everybody’s too worried about their pockets. Everybody’s too worried about their paychecks. That was me, basically, drawing a line in the sand and going ‘Guess what? You don’t get to do this anymore.’”

Ironically, Taylor warns the rest of the new album will be even darker and heavier than the vibe of “All Out Life”. On the album as a whole, he describes an introspective pilgrimage, one influenced by his recent divorce and dealing with the subsequent depression while remaining sober:

“All I was doing was giving and I found myself absolutely, completely tapped,” he said. “You could see it in my skin. You could see it in my eyes. That’s basically the journey I’m going to take people on this album … show them what happens to depression when you have no chemicals to fall back on.”

Are you guys excited for the new Slipknot album arriving in sometime this year? Are you hoping to catch the band on tour or at one of their festival stops? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: