There’s Going to Be a Movie About Killer Jeans

Bear with me, because I have a lot of faith in this movie.

It’s been announced that Slut in a Good Way‘s Romane Denis will topline a horror/thriller by the name of Slaxx, per THR. She will be joining Sehar Bhojani, Brett Donahue, and Stephen Bogaert in the Canadian feature, which is going to start shooting this coming Tuesday.

In Slaxx, Denis will play a cashier in a trendy clothing store where her co-workers are killed by a possessed pair of designer jeans and who must stop the slaughter.

The producers of the film include Anne-Marie Gelinas (Turbo Kid) and Patricia Gomez Zlatar, who co-wrote the film with Elza Kephart. It will also feature executive producer Shaked Berenson (Tales of Halloween, Turbo Kid).

Berenson tells Dread Central, “Slaxx deals with the interaction between teen labor and the body image obsessed teens who are using those manufactured products. Normally, the two worlds are separated both socio-economically and physically. A horror film is a great vehicle to imagine ‘What if the worlds could interact?’, and to bring these discussions to mainstream young audiences.”

So, the idea of killer jeans sounds kinda ridiculous, right? But we’ve seen before that seemingly inanimate objects who take on murderous qualities can absolutely work. It happened with Rubber, about a psychic killer tire, and it certainly worked with Killer Condom, which was about, well…a killer condom. Plus, I previously was able to speak to Gelinas about this film and there’s a lot of passion and belief in Slaxx. I’m not going to write this one off. In fact, I’m going to actively keep an eye on it.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: