Exclusive THE ISLE Trailer Shipwrecks Into Victorian Horror

I’ve mentioned it before but it bears repeating that period horror films are kinda my jam. I don’t know what it is about seeing a horror film set in the past but that kind of placement gets my heart pumping and my imagination racing. Plus, it’s always wonderful to see the creative team behind the camera bring to life a time gone by.

That’s why I’m incredibly excited to bring to each of you the exclusive trailer premiere for The Isle, a Victorian-era horror film set in Scotland. Almost overflowing with atmosphere, the trailer hints at a truly sinister yet genuinely fascinating tale.

Based loosely on Scottish ghostly folklore with inspiration from Greek sirens, the tale is set in 1846 on a remote island off the west coast of Scotland, where three survivors from a mysterious sinking of their merchant ship find themselves stranded on a small misty isle. The isle’s four sole secretive residents, an old harbor man, a farmer, his niece, and a young mad woman, are anything but welcoming and reluctant to aid the sailors back to the mainland. The promise of a boat never materializes leading one of the sailors to question why people had abandoned the island. Through his investigation, he discovers that every year around the same date a tragedy at sea would occur and young men from the island would perish. When his two shipmates meet with fatal accidents, the myth of a ghostly siren haunting the island leads him to try and uncover the truth.

You can watch the trailer above.

The Isle was written by Matthew Butler-Hart and Tori Butler-Hart, with Matthew directing the film. It stars Conleth Hill, Alex Hassell, Tori Butler-Hart, Fisayo Akinade, and Alix Wilton Regan.

Brainstorm Media will be releasing the film in theaters on February 8.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: