FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Games you want Remade
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:36 am  Reply with quote

So I was going through my old stuff the other day, and ended up finding my old PsOne (and other) games. Oh the memories. I don't think people are going to be as vehemently against remaking games as they are horror movies.

So, anyhow, topic at hand, I'd love if they remade:

1.) Vagrant Story from Squaresoft
2.) WILD ARMS 1 from...I forgot. I know it was already remade but I want itnext gen damnit.
3.) Resident Evil 2 from Capcom. Duh.
4.) FInal Fantasy VIII from Squaresoft - - I actually would have loved to see them remake VII, but with Sephiroth and Cloud appearing in every game/movie/music video ever, I'm sorta sick of them now.
5.) Bare Knuckles/Streets of Rage from, was it Capcom?
6.) Golden Axe, and a proper one, not that shitty waste that just got released.

Howz-about y'all?
RingoJ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:18 am  Reply with quote

I agree with the last two on your list, and i'd add R-Type(the original),Altered Beast, and Eternal Champions
Impure159
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Don't you touch my RE 2 or 3, the remake of RE 1 was fine but there is no reason to do it to 2 or 3, they're perfect for what they are, cheesy fun zombie based horror games.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 pm  Reply with quote

Eternal Champions! Oh, that would be the tits! I got dibs on Xavier!

The one I want remade? Low G Man. Do it first or third person style, with the jumping and platforming of the Jumping Flash! games. Can you imagine jumping hundreds of feet in the sky then ramming your spear into the head of a giant robot? Sweetness
I don't even need a remake of Vagrant Story. Just release it on XBL or some Square compilation disk. The game was hard as balls, but if you know what weapons to make and when to use them it's a great ride.
morebrainsmedia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

They're already doing a new Street Fighter, which is pretty much like a revamping of the old ones.

I wouldn't mind a super-updated badass version of Maniac Mansion (NES).
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 pm  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
Don't you touch my RE 2 or 3, the remake of RE 1 was fine but there is no reason to do it to 2 or 3, they're perfect for what they are, cheesy fun zombie based horror games.

A pox on you and your ilk.

And thanks to RIngoJ for reminding me about Altered Beast. They remade it for the PSOne but I don't think anything came out of it.

There's also this game that I used to love but I completely forgot the title. A 2D fighting game where you play as monsters. The only two humans were some girl with two batons and a dude in a blue speedo. Racking head...

And Frank, I've never even heard of Low G Man.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:08 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Second me for a new round of Maniac Mansion/Day Of The Tentacle action!

There's quite a few games I could think of, one of which is actually happening, Splatterhouse. One game I'd kill to see an update of is StarTropics. I used to be nuts for that game.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
RingoJ
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:37 am  Reply with quote

I remember StarTropics.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

Spaceshark wrote:

4.) FInal Fantasy VIII from Squaresoft - - I actually would have loved to see them remake VII, but with Sephiroth and Cloud appearing in every game/movie/music video ever, I'm sorta sick of them now.

Have to disagree on this one. Along with Silent Hill 1 and Final Fantasy VII, this is one of the only games from the PSOne that I still keep and play every now and then. Graphic limitations and (in the case of SH1) voice acting aside, the stories are all so great I wouldn't want to see any of them remade.

Splatterhouse was one of my nominations and I can't wait for the upcoming remake. I felt like they got so much right with pt 3 and I hope they build off of what they did there. I would have also said Siren but I'm very glad they remade that one to make the story more accessible.

My other votes for remakes would be Zombies Ate My Neighbors from the Genesis (I always loved that one) as well as Rule of Rose for the PS2 (this one had such a great concept and some good parts but had awful gameplay and controls that I'd love to see remade).
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

I totally forgot about Rule of Rose. It's a bit too soon though, right? I never got to finish it because I didn't enjoy the gameplay, but there were some creepy shit there.

Oh, PERSONA 1. I still have fond memories of fighting that girl with her feet backwards and a demon face hidden in her hair. Heck, ANY Persona. They still make em for the PS2 and mine is like, dead from old age or something.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:52 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

DARKSTALKERS since my pal Nick (aka Avid Fan) turned me onto it.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm  Reply with quote

How about a next-gen remake of Taito's Double Dragon?
Foywonder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:08 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I'd love to see a next generation console take on IT CAME FROM THE DESERT.

frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:11 am  Reply with quote

ajburton29 wrote:
How about a next-gen remake of Taito's Double Dragon?

I love me some Double Dragon. But how could anyone remake it and have it still be relevant in the beat em up world? The genre isn't dead, but I think we may have gone as far as we can go in that department. Just look what they did to Final Fight. We need new ideas and fast!

Another one I'd like to see is X-COM. When the Playstation first came out, I was "OK, that's pretty neat". Then my friend showed me X-COM. I ran out and bought me a PS1 post-haste. Played the hell out of that game, but never finished it. Wish I would have kept it, Ebay has them for $60-80 used.
The sequels were pretty good, I still got Terror From The Deep on my computer. A splash of purty graphics would breath new live into the series.
CMax
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 am  Reply with quote

Doom 3 - make it not suck.