FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Dexter - Season 3
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:10 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The Woman In Black wrote:
When the season first started, I was pretty hot and cold -- the pregnancy thing kind of bugged me, and I wasn't buying into Smits' character all that much. But the last few episodes won me over 100%, especially this past Sunday -- holy cow! I can't wait for the finale even if it does mean I won't get another Dexter fix for several months.

Incidentally, is Julie Benz actually pregnant? Because she sure looks it on the show.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

Morgan Elektra wrote:
When the season first started, I was pretty hot and cold -- the pregnancy thing kind of bugged me, and I wasn't buying into Smits' character all that much. But the last few episodes won me over 100%, especially this past Sunday -- holy cow! I can't wait for the finale even if it does mean I won't get another Dexter fix for several months.

Incidentally, is Julie Benz actually pregnant? Because she sure looks it on the show.

Nope. She's not at all pregant. Indeed, I just got the chance to meet her a month and half ago -- she was her usual thin, beautiful self (and yes, I pretty much fell in love Laughing ).
Blockbuster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am  Reply with quote

Benz is hot...yes...

Sooooo...how's this one going to end? Like the 3rd book? Any guesses?
Blockbuster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 am  Reply with quote

And WIB, may I recommend the books if you haven't read them yet?? THEY ARE AMAZING.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

I did read the first one and liked it pretty well but couldn't get into the second one at all, probably because I pictured everything like it was from the TV series. I'll have to give it another try.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I did read the first one and liked it pretty well but couldn't get into the second one at all, probably because I pictured everything like it was from the TV series. I'll have to give it another try.

I liked the second one alright, but I thought the third one was eye-rollingly silly. This show is one of those rare things where the live incarnation has actually surpassed the written source material.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

So, no thoughts on the season finale?

I liked it, even if it was a bit tidier than earlier seasons.

Though I think that blood dripping on the wedding gown will carry significance next season. Like crime scene evidence significant.

I also think more info on Rita's first marriage is going to be revealed. Dexter's enamored with his new family but this will continue to gnaw at him.

It was good to see LaGuerta & Deb bonding. Their relationship certainly has come a long way from where it was.

I can't wait until next season.
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:34 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I think it was on OKAY season, nowhere near as good as the first two. Although I think it sets up a lot for what's coming.

The biggest flaw of Dexter is that, once you get to the middle of each season, it's incredibly predictable how the story will play out. But I'm still with this show because of my love of the characters.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:17 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
I think it was on OKAY season, nowhere near as good as the first two. Although I think it sets up a lot for what's coming.

The biggest flaw of Dexter is that, once you get to the middle of each season, it's incredibly predictable how the story will play out. But I'm still with this show because of my love of the characters.

Same here.

So do you think Deb will peel away the layers of Dexter's past, with her investigation of her dad's relationship with his CI, which as we all know brought Dexter into this world? I think she'll wind up confronting him about this, but not until the end of next season at the very least.
Sirand
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I think they should do a season where Dexter gets caught and we see the ensuing trial/media hysteria. Much more interesting than having YET ANOTHER serial killer on the loose.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
I think they should do a season where Dexter gets caught and we see the ensuing trial/media hysteria. Much more interesting than having YET ANOTHER serial killer on the loose.

Or how about an arc where, upon Deb's discovery of what Dexter is, her emotional fragility shatters and, goaded by this and in her own way thinking it's all okay because it's Dex, she starts taking the law into her own hands, with messy results and unforseen consequences. Dexter then has to clean up her mess, and perhaps this could lead into the arc you mentioned.

It's fun to think these things up. Remember, we've got at least two more seasons (Showtime's renewed Dexter for a fourth and fifth season, respectively.) of storyline.