Here’s the First Trailer for Extremely Unnerving THE STANDOFF AT SPARROW CREEK

Though it didn’t make my personal Top 10 list of horror movies that screened at this year’s Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas (link below), The Standoff at Sparrow Creek is a seriously compelling slow-burn that plays out like a combination of Reservoir Dogs and The Usual Suspect. And I’ve got to give credit where it’s due: There’s a twist ending that I never saw coming, a scenario that left me gobsmacked.

Related Article: Top 10 Horror Movies from Fantastic Fest 2018

Today brings the film’s first official trailer via our friends at Collider; check it out embedded at the top of this article. Below, you can read the official synopsis for The Standoff at Sparrow Creek; RLJE Films will give the movie a limited theatrical release with a simultaneous VOD and Blu-ray/DVD release beginning January 18th.

Synopsis:
After a mass shooting at a police funeral, reclusive ex-cop Gannon realizes that the killer belongs to the same militia he joined after quitting the force. Knowing the police will be closing in on them, Gannon quarantines his fellow militiamen in a remote lumber mill. There, he sets about a series of grueling interrogations, intent on ferreting out the killer and turning him over to the authorities to prevent further bloodshed.

The Standoff at Sparrow Creek is written and directed by Henry Dunham and stars James Badge Dale, Patrick Fischler, and Brian Geraghty.

Did you catch The Standoff at Sparrow Creek while it ran the film festival circuit? Are you excited to check it out when it arrives on various platforms in mid-January? Sound off in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: