2nd Unmade Clive Barker HELLRAISER Remake Script Discovered!

Over the past few weeks, we’ve been giving considerable attention to the unmade 2014 Hellraiser remake penned by the franchise’s mastermind himself, the incomparable Clive Barker. One of our favorite UK film critics and academics Mr. H got his hands on the notoriously-hard-to-get screenplay and has since produced a series of videos exploring what could have been; topics covered so far include key plot points, the new Hell Priest (aka Pinhead), and how Frank Cotton was even more deplorable.

Related Article: Frank was Incestuous Necrophiliac in Clive Barker’s 2014 Unmade HELLRAISER Remake

And while fans of the Hellraiser franchise have been mesmerized by these deep-dives, a voice comes with a message (not unlike what Yoda told the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the swamps of Dagobah): “There is another”. Out of nowhere, Mr. H reveals he’s uncovered a treatment for yet another potential Hellraiser remake; it’s only a treatment but consisted of 40-meaty pages and it was actually written before Clive’s 2014 script.

Related Article: Video Pieces Together Full Plot of Clive Barker’s Unmade HELLRAISER Remake

“It’s an interesting Elseworlds tale,” he Mr. H told me. “It reads better than the Hellraiser remake script, for sure.” Now, he plans to release the treatment as a sort of video/audiobook series; you can check out Part 1 embedded at the top of the article. I think you’ll find Mr. H’s baritone voice has the perfect timber for a story that plumbs the darkest corridors of Hell.

Related Article: Pinhead in Clive Barker’s Unmake 2014 Remake Was Someone Else—But Someone We’ve Met Before!

If you need to be further tantalized into giving Mr. H’s latest video a spin, here are a few spoilers: There are new Cenobites called “Carver” and “Cage”. Here’s the big one: Pinhead isn’t Elliot Spencer or Philip LeMarchand—the Hell Priest is a member of the Cotton Family!

Are you as shocked as I am about the unearthing of this new unmade Hellraiser remake treatment (even though we’ll never see it)? What do you think of Mr. H’s most recent video? Sound off in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: