FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Kindred : The Embrace
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:27 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Has anyone else seen this very brief show? I received the 2nd dvd from Netflix and watched it tonight. I really liked it and am kinda upset that it was cancelled (even though it was like 11 yrs ago Laughing ) I can't get the first disc because it's not available. It's based off of the rpg Vampire Masquerade. I had the book just never played it but always wanted to. Maybe it's just my love of vampires that made me like this one so much. Very Happy
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Ah, Kindred: The Disgraced. Melrose Place with fangs.
Sifu Scott
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Nipples

I know a bunch of people who were absolutely addicted to that show.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

The Fags is what made it better then Melrose Place. Plus it's just like any other tv show right down to even wrestling. I dunno
RingoJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:18 pm  Reply with quote

I thought it had a little potential, but they decided to crap it all away.

I was also irritated that it deviated so much from the game.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:46 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I only got to see the last 4 episodes. Confused Because for some reason the first disc is unavailable. I have the book but just never played. Tried to once but had friends that weren't into it and it was very hard so just never really played again. Laughing
thedarkestshadow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 pm  Reply with quote

i got all the dvds in a set awhile back. The show had potential but i didnt like them deviating from the game so much either.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Yeah I just got the vhs set recently. It had potential but didn't last long. I don't know the story according to the game but I did like the show it was interesting.
Desdinova
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 am  Reply with quote

This is a fun but very flawed adaptation of the role-playing game "Vampire: The Masquerade." Derisively but accurately called "Vampire 90210," this show is hampered by such poor writing (particularly in tone and dialogue) that the fine performances by Mark Frankel and Jeff Kober are almost over-shadowed. Any true grittiness and angst from the source material has been substituted by slick phony Hollywood replacements.

Still, the stilted dialogue and mishandled tone give the show a surreal quality that B-movie fans might enjoy. And the plots are enough (barely) that it may hold the attention of lenient viewers. In short, "Kindred: The Embraced" can be fun if one doesn't expect too much from it.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:02 am  Reply with quote

Chiller was airing this a while back. I first saw it about six years ago when I rented the VHS tapes from the video store I worked at then.

It has its moments but I agree with the others - it got mired in the more soap opera-esque aspects. I guess that's a given, what with Aaron Spelling's involvement.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 am  Reply with quote

RingoJ wrote:

Lunablix
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

RingoJ wrote:
RingoJ wrote:

I assume you just wanted to up that post count since you quoted yourself. Rolling Eyes
RingoJ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
RingoJ wrote:
RingoJ wrote:

I assume you just wanted to up that post count since you quoted yourself. Rolling Eyes

Maybe, I honestly can't remember why I did that.

Does it really matter?