TERRIFIER Star Was Initially Horrified by “Grotesque” Script

We’re still in awe over the success of Terrifier from Dread Central Presents; written and directed by Damien Leone, it’s a clown-themed horror movie that pushes on-screen brutality to insidious extremes. David Howard Thornton plays Art the Clown (the wrap-around character from the All Hallows’ Eve movies) and has already become a 21st Century horror icon.

Samantha Scaffidi is an actress who played one of Art’s would-be victims, Vicky. The Stamford, Connecticut native recently appeared on the local morning show CT Style, where she discussed her experiences on the set of Terrifier. She admits that, initially, she was uncertain if she had the mettle to participate in such a depraved production.

“I read the script and I was like, ‘Oh my God this is terrifying—it’s grotesque’!” she states. After meeting Leone, however, she was willing to follow him into insanity in an effort to bring his twisted image to life. “I’ll get behind anything he writes and directs.”

On whether she’s a fan of horror movies in general, the actress responded: “I appreciate them—for afar.” As for working with Horton on set, she explained: “David is the nicest, funniest most talkative person you’ll ever meet.”

Check out Scaffidi’s interview below, followed by the trailer and synopsis for Terrifier, now streaming on Netflix.

Synopsis:
A maniacal clown terrorizes three young women and anyone else in his way on Hallow’een night.

Are you a fan of Terrifier (now on Netflix)? What did you think of Samantha Scaffidi’s performance? Sound off in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: