FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Dead Like Me: Life After Death Direct-To-DVD Film Out 02/17!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 am  Reply with quote

Teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDyZB7Udga4

Movie promo special: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRb_sgiT_w&feature=related

This was originally slated to come out last July. The film was directed by Stephen Herek (Critters, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Three Musketeers (1993), Mr. Holland's Opus, to name a few) and was written by John Masius and Stephen Godchaux, two writers/executive producers from the series.

Here's the plot synopsis...

Quote:
Set four years after the series ended, Der Waffle Haus has burned down and head reaper Rube has left due to retirement.[3] The remaining reapers meet their new boss Cameron Kane (Henry Ian Cusick), a "slick business man who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead." George (Ellen Muth) reconnects with her sister Reggie (Britt McKillip) when she has to reap the soul of Reggie's new (and secret) boyfriend, Hudson Hart (Jordan Hudyma). Daisy (now played by Sarah Wynter) is attracted to Cameron, who helps her get a role in After the Fall. Daisy, in a bid to gain the leading role, injures the lead actress and due to the stress turns to alcohol, even during the performances.

And yes, there are some cast changes...

Mandy Patinkin was still a part of the cast of Criminal Minds at the time they filmed. Laura Harris was part of the cast for the now cancelled ABC series Women's Murder Club so she could not be in the film either.

According to Ellen Muth (George), if the DVD sells well enough, MGM is very interested in getting the show picked up once again.
iank
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 am  Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I thought it was godawful.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 am  Reply with quote

iank wrote:
Unfortunately, I thought it was godawful.

Yes. Yes it is. If it does return as a series, it needs some serious retooling to restore it to its former glory.