David Gordon Green’s Favorite HALLOWEEN Easter Egg

This past weekend we finally saw the release of Blumhouse and director David Gordon Green’s direct sequel to John Carpenter’s Halloween. The movie was filled with fun Easter Eggs for fans, but what was the new director’s favorite?

Well, it turns out that Green just told EW that, “The really subtle one that I’m really excited about is when the boy and his father are driving, the song on the radio is the song that Jamie sang in the original.”

He continues: “They couldn’t afford the rights to a song for the movie, so John and Jamie freestyled a song: ‘I wish I had you all alone. Just the two of us.’ And then we had a band write a song as if it was recorded in 1978, kind of a country song, that’s playing in the car. John [Carpenter] was just laughing out loud [when he heard it]. He was like, ‘Wait, that’s familiar. Oh wait, I wrote that song!’

Did you notice this easter egg? Make sure to hit us up and let us know in the comments section or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Halloween is directed by David Gordon Green based on a script he wrote with Danny McBride. Jamie Lee Curtis returns as Laurie Strode as does Nick Castle as Michael “The Shape” Myers. They are joined by Will Patton, Andi Matichak, and Judy Greer. Halloween creator John Carpenter is on board as executive producer and composer.

Synopsis:

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: