FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Heroes
ajburton29
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:24 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
I have no idea why I keep watching.

I think Brea Grant/Daphne is super hot. She is the only reason I've been watching. The storyline sucks balls.
And am I the only one who finds it creepy when Matt Parkman tells Daphne that they will be together? I keep expecting Chris Hansen to come out and tell Parkman to "have a seat."
What The Cat Dragged In
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

With all the problems this show has, I've come to accept it for what it is: big dumb fun (sometimes). Most of the good writers left after the first season, so I can't see the crew rebounding to the good fortunes of the first season. It's really more of an "if it's on and I'm in the mood for some mindless entertainment, I'll put it on" thing with me now. I don't seek the show out anymore.
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:49 pm  Reply with quote

I'm surprise at the reaction of some of you! It's not mind-boggling entertainment, but at least its enjoyable. And Peter's Dad is sooo evil, I like Very Happy
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

But with great-to-stellar genre shows like Lost, Galactica, Dexter, Terminator, True Blood, and Supernatural...why even bother with this shit?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
But with great-to-stellar genre shows like Lost, Galactica, Dexter, Terminator, True Blood, and Supernatural...why even bother with this shit?

I like most of the shows, (the ones I have seen) and I like Heroes. Just like my favourite film of all time is The Player but I also enjoy Underworld. It is, as impossible as it may seem, possible to like light pop entertainment as well as "great-to-stellar" productions as well...For some of us, anyway.
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:

Hate to point this out, but somehow "True Blood" slipped into that list on you.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:42 am  Reply with quote

So Loeb and Alexander are off the show.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

Stick a fork in Heroes...it's done.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Howl at Astronauts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

Damn I cannot believe it will meet the same fate as my former favorite show, The OC. Mr. Green The same thing happened wheras it starts strong then producer/writers lose sight of the show and why it was good in the first place and then crapped over everything.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Did they really cancel it?
Howl at Astronauts
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Did they really cancel it?

Just a hunch
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:08 am  Reply with quote

It's not canceled.
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:45 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Sirand wrote:

I like most of the shows, (the ones I have seen) and I like Heroes. Just like my favourite film of all time is The Player but I also enjoy Underworld. It is, as impossible as it may seem, possible to like light pop entertainment as well as "great-to-stellar" productions as well...For some of us, anyway.

Heroes isn't light pop. It's badly-written genre plagiarism with delusions of grandeur. Check out Tim Kring's latest rant:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/931/931067p1.html
It shows that the guy had no plan, no grasp of his own universe or characters, and no understanding of the genre he cashed in on. He's also dropping huge dangling plot threads and characters for no reason other than his dumb ass can't figure out what to do with them. Plus, the guy is a raging fucking asshole who not only threw his best writers under the bus but insulted his fanbase as well...

Quote:
noting that a serialized show is "an absolute bear to do." Kring said he's also finding, "It's a very flawed way of telling stories on network television right now, because of the advent of the DVR and online streaming. The engine that drove [serialized TV] was you had to be in front of the TV [when it aired]. Now you can watch it when you want, where you want, how you want to watch it, and almost all of those ways are superior to watching it on air. So [watching it] on air is related to the saps and the dips**ts who can't figure out how to watch it in a superior way."

Too bad all those "saps and dipshits" figured out you were a fucking moron, Kring.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Well as someone who is still watching the show, and I can only imagine that someone who dislikes the show as much as you isn't watching anymore, I can say that 10 episodes into the season they've improved greatly and are just as serialized as ever. No, it's not as good as Buffy, Angel, Battlestar, or other genre shows, but it's still entertaining.

Sorry Kring offends you so much. As long as the show is entertaining me, I'll keep watching.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

I really don't know why I continue to watch Heroes....I'm fascinated by it's mediocrity. It's sort of akin to slowing down to view a car accident. You know it's awful but you can't pull yourself away.