FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Shiver Shack -> Sonnys NEW flick...first pictures...THE LAST BATTLEGROUND
Sonny
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 am  Reply with quote

Allright, got a little bit more filming done tonight! Getting cold outside now! I hate filming in cold weather >Sad

But anyway, got some more stuff with Liz

and Ashley! This is her first time being in one of my flicks... Razz She did a great job!

She has kind of a thankless part...but she's being a great sport! I just hope she's ready for some of the craziness that's coming!

We filmed witht his guy. I know he's kinda hard to see, I knew that when I decided he was going to be all black, he looks great in the film, just this big mass of shit with this one glowing red eye (the other one got chopped out) but in pics he's pretty dark, so I hope you can make him out.

Look at this team huh?

Well we're pretty much done filming for this week, work nights so we won't be rocking and rolling again until next week. We're going to be getting to some more insane stuff in the upcoming nights though...
Sonny
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 am  Reply with quote

Hey Guys! Sorry it took so long to get these up! We've just been having a hell of a time lately! But we got a bunch of stuff now so I finally have some stuff to show you!

Okay, I really didn't MEAN to have these swords in the movie...I really didn't...but sometimes when I film, I kind of fly by the seat of my pants and just let my actors react to the situation. Well a few weeks ago we started this scene where the monsters were breaking into this room and these two guys ran in there and I just screamed, "They're getting in! DO SOMETHING!" and my swords were just laying there...I'd forgotten about them...but they ran over and GRABBED them and started slicing at the monsters! HA! And I thought...allright...why WOULDN'T these two crazy assholes have swords? OF COURSE they would! Very Happy So they're in there now...and we filmed some chopping tonight.

We also shot this stuff...see by this point in time, Chelsey is just bugfuck INSANE. I don't know how many of you have been paying attention, but she's got an imaginary friend who she's been talking to...and now that she's teamed up with Cody...she's STILL talking to her friend...of course Cody can't see her...so she's just talking to nobody. It was fun just letting Chelsey act as completely insane as she wanted watching Cody react to the insanity. He just keeps getting in MORE AND MORE Shit.

But they're together now...and they're in the streets trying to get to some help...

So the plan is to once again try to get the BIG scene Wednesday...hope we get it...but man I have a LOT of work to do!
Sonny
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:36 am  Reply with quote

Allright! We finally got it!

Get this, a guy lit himself on fire tonight! Whoo! This is for an earlier scene! CHAOS!

We had quite a nice bit of monsters out there tonight!

A car comes plowing through the crowd of monsters. Wish I could find a better screen grab...but monster parts go flying eveyrywhere! Happens so fast...it's a very funny moment actually...

Snake guy ;P

HA! The cops came out to harrass us tonight, but after they saw that the only stuff the guy was lighting on fire was HIMSELF, they went away. Guess that ain't illegal ;D

This stuff came out great! Hope you dig them!
Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

Horroryearbook reviewed what I consider my best movie today. It's called Bleed and it'll be available for purchase within the upcoming months....they say:

"I consider Sonny Fernandez to be a breath of fresh air in a genre that is quickly dying from uninspired Saw ripoffs and lame remakes."

AND

"BLEED is truly an independent horror EPIC."

Check out the whole review:

http://www.horroryearbook.com/544115/it-came-from-the-mailbox-bleed

I won't lie...I like BloodGod and Cold Blooded and The Aborted and all the other flicks I've made...but Bleed is the masterpiece...

I'm trying to beat it with The Last Battleground though! Very Happy
Sonny
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:54 am  Reply with quote

Cops came out AGAIN. We were filming in a construction site. Figured it was better than filming in the middle of the street though.

Check it out-

Sonny
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 am  Reply with quote

Well, the trailer is almost done. It's damn near 4 minutes of complete insanity, I was going to edit it down but you know what? The hell with it...I'll just drop it into everyone's laps and let them sort through the chaos...
Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMI7EsynWg

Trailer. It's damn near 5 minutes long so stick with it...
Sonny
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:43 am  Reply with quote

Hey, cool, Uncle Creepy gave us a shout out on the main page! That's really awesome. I can't even say how much I appreciate it. It's nice of these guys to give the little guy a pat on the back. VERY much appreciated.

"-and I have to say ... it's looking pretty damned violent."

That made me laugh. I don't think half of the REALLY violent stuff was even in the trailer, I kept a lot of stuff out. That entire trailer is from the first 45-50 minutes of the flick....

"Hopefully all the carnage will end up being memorable."

Ah, and that's a definite genuine concern. Because I can put all the blood, gore, screaming and head flying in the movie as I can cram in and it won't mean a damn thing if there's no real story or character to it.

But look, I don't have the effects (I'm no Tom Savini) I don't have the actors, or the money, or anything. The ONLY thing I have is story...that's it...it's the one thing people seem to cling on to my earlier movies and I'm trying my best to do that here too.

Only time will tell...

we film again Tuesday...
Sonny
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:35 am  Reply with quote

I hope folks liked the trailer, even though it was long as hell. But screw it, you know? There's a lot going on in the movie...and there's more to come. All that stuff is mostly from the first 50 minutes...so I mean...yeah.

It's a pretty big flick.

But we're back to filming now. This stuff is just a wrap around scene...we filmed the middle the other night, and this is mostly the start and the ending of that scene. We pretty much filmed right on the side-walk, lots of traffic, but it was kind of a back street, so not a lot of people, which always helps. But I love these shots in the middle of the city...I get them whenever I can.

Here's a great moment with Cody...he pretty much starts sounding off about all the shit he's been through...and it's a LOT. Everything from being left for dead to fighting weird slug monsters. It's hilarious hearing it all put out in the open, just cause it's so insane. But shit he's going to go through a lot more...

WHAT the hell is happening here??

I like this monster a lot Smile

After we filmed we went out to eat at the IHOP. Nobody bothered wiping the blood off...we got lots of weird looks!

Sonny
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 am  Reply with quote

Allright more filming, Nothing too spectacular though, we'll be filming some cool stuff in the upcoming days, for now though these are just a few more pics to show..."Hey, we're still filming!" This is probably one of my favorite "talking" scenes so far.

There's an ominous feeling about this whole thing, you don't really know who this new guy is, is he crazy? Is he friend? Or foe?

Here's some behind the scenes stuff, this guy is my best friend, he flew up from New Orleans to hang out for a week and help with stuff. This is us working on effects at like 5 in the morning.

Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 am  Reply with quote

Allright, we've done a CRAP ton of filming over the last few days. I'm just exhausted...but we've got more insert shots to do tommorrow night, so no time to rest!

We're passed the middle now and we're kind of starting to wrap everything up now...

Here's a monster text messaging...

Can you tell how big this thing is from this pic?

Allright...here you go...too tired right now to explain half of these...but here you go...

everything is just CHAOS right now...and honestly...some of the coolest stuff I'm just not going to show here...so there:

Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:49 am  Reply with quote

Few more pictures, nothing too noteworthy, we've got a BIG crazy night coming up though, kind of the all or nothing ending...but I'm not sure WHEN we'll get that one...there's a lot to it and I'm just not in the mindset right now to deal with it, trying to get all the little intimate stuff out the way first.

I kind of crashed and burned today, I think the nonstop insanity of working a job all day and the filming just caught up to me. It can get pretty rough sometimes.

Lots of pictures of faces...but I love faces Smile So forgive my indulgence.

Sonny
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14 am  Reply with quote

FINALLY! Now that this Christmas and New Years bullshit is out the way we can get to filming! So after our long hiatus we're about to get going again.

We should be done with all the principal photography by the end of January!

So...well...here's a few new pics...nothing amazing...just more talking. This is the calm before the storm...before the big final showdown...

Oh and just for the record. We've already got our plans for the next movie...I'm finally going to make a more kind of genre movie.

A vampire movie Wink

Here's some test stuff...just TESTS keep in mind...pay no attention to death in the background there...

But that's for another thread!
Sonny
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 am  Reply with quote

We're almost to the BIG FINISH!

Sunday we have some interesting stuff going on...mostly with our characters...it's not all about monsters and mayhem..

The Last Battleground isn't an actual place, I think I said this before but it's in our characters, the shit they have to overcome to survive...

But I'm getting everything ready for the big final night...

it's going to be ridiculous...

out of all my movies...this one is the most insane...the BIGGEST...

I've put my heart...my soul...and pretty much my life into this one. I think folks are going to be blown right the fuck away..
but we're almost done folks...

Be back Sunday with more...

Sonny
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:34 am  Reply with quote

Well we filmed a few nights ago...but it was just more pictures of stuff like this-

STILL on this talking shit...and we have one more night of this...(there is some conflict) we'll hopefully have all this talking done by the end of this week...then all hell breaks loose...so until then I'll start periodically putting up some pics of the effects I'm working on...

(no paper mache)

here's ummm...tentacle guy...

He's going to give our heros (?) a lot of trouble during the final battle

ALL of those tentacles move around on their own! Takes a crap load of people to operate, the mouth opens and closes, it slithers around...

Here's a shot of the mouth and those teeth...

Should be completely finished in a day or two...when I get some of the other stuff more completed i'll throw up some pics of them too!