FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Heroes
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Forgotten it? You just told me how my favorite show ends, jackass.
Thanks for the fucking spoiler warning.
Unfuckingbelievable!
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm  Reply with quote

I could be totally and completely wrong y'know. The reason I didn't put that in a spoiler tag is because that's all it is, an informed guess.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajburton29
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:11 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
Forgotten it? You just told me how my favorite show ends, jackass.
Thanks for the fucking spoiler warning.
Unfuckingbelievable!

How would he know any revealing plot point anyway?
He doesn't write for the show.
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:24 am  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
I'll still hang in and keep watching, but something better improve soon, or this could very well be the end of the show.

You know what the funny thing is? Looking back, I have been saying that for almost my entire time watching the show. I said that for nearly every episode of season 2 (I really liked the second to last episode and then the last episode of the season ruined it everything it had built up) and most of season 1. I genuinely cannot figure out why I keep watching, the entire show is a huge mess of wasted potential.
Dario Fulci
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:49 pm  Reply with quote

I have really enjoyed the first few episodes of season three of Heroes, but I have to admit it starting to get a little redundant with its trying to avert a future disaster story line.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

Dario Fulci wrote:
I have really enjoyed the first few episodes of season three of Heroes, but I have to admit it starting to get a little redundant with its trying to avert a future disaster story line.

I haven't kept up with the ratings, but based on content, I will be shocked this series survives through the rest of this season and gets a 4th.

I was dissapointed, angry and bored with the premiere, skipped the second episode and tuned out half-way the third. I agree one of the biggest problems is the redundancy of the threat.

the series as a whole has become predictable, boring and unoriginal.
Howl at Astronauts
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:31 am  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
BSG may mix things up dramatically but it's still pretty boring OH MY GOD LOOK HOW GRITTY AND DARK WE ARE genre television. Oh, and guess what the major spoiler is for the end of the series? The Cylons turn out to be the 13th lost tribe of Kobol. There, saved all of you having to wait ages to see all that play out. Twisted Evil

As for Heroes, it's like a comic book soap opera written by hipsters who rip off great ideas and turn them into utter, forgettable shit.

LOST can never be imitated. Heroes proves this quite well week after week.

Lost can be imitated. I thought the canceled show "Invasion" worked in that regard. The problem with Herores was that the main Producer wanted to be clever and put the point across that "we're not Lost" so he decided to end the New York destruction storyline right away at the end of the first season instead of doing what Lost did wich was pretty much run on the same extended storyline throughout several years. I think when you have an audience that's willing to stick with you then make sure you don't lose them. You should continue on the same path and just add little things along the way. I don't mind the first season ending on a shocking moment(or reveal) but don't throw everything away! And the main reason I say that is that when you have this great interesting storyline that people are interested in, if you end it so soon, it means starting from scratch next time. And the chances of getting a new storyline that is good and compelling are very slim. And indeed that's what happened in Season 2: that story was not even as close and interesting as the one they came up with for Season 1. You cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice. Heroes was built like Lost, not Smallville. You cannot just have new freaks appearing every weeks with no storytelling care. Smallville can do that because they have this relatively small cast. It can do the bring anybody at any times bit, it's the freak-of-the-week model. While like LOST, Heroes should be a journey.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:58 am  Reply with quote

I thought that Adam Monroe should be a little more psychologically damaged after spending that much time buried alive in a coffin. He seemed to just brush it off like it was nothing. But for all he knew, he could have spent eternity in there.
I'm about to start Ep. 5, but this season is pretty damn crappy right now. As for the new villains introduced, they are so bland I can't even remember who is who.
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:02 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I haven't watched it at all this season, and I have to say that I'm really not itching to get back into it either. It could be canceled tomorrow and I could care less.
Sirand
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The problem with Heroes was that it was badly written from Day One. It's just network TV hacks imitating genre stuff, not like Lost and Galactica which are the real deal.

There are absolutely no stakes in Heroes whatsoever cause the writers just use superpowers as an excuse for everything. They don't build a world or rules, they just hurl out whatever fantastical "whiz! bang!" bullshit they can pull from their collective asses. Hell, last I heard every character has been killed and resurrected at least twice now.
What The Cat Dragged In
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:25 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, this show has pretty much lost it. I didn't hate season two as most (at first). After re-visiting some of the episodes, I started to really hate it.

This season is an improvement, but that's not saying too much.

There's no chance that it gets cancelled, though. This show does decently enough with ratings, which is still better than almost everything else on NBC. All of its new shows have bombed while stuff like "Chuck" is dropping lower and lower. If "Knight Rider" can get a second year, "Heroes" can probably live on for another three or four.
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I just want to say that Chuck is awesome.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
I just want to say that Chuck is awesome.

Chuck is indeed awesome...

Heroes has really started to step up with these last couple of episodes...The season is now in arc mode where everything is coming together and from the looks of it, they planned it this way, which is a good thing.

The Marionette is a great, creepy villain that I'd like to see more of. And Robert Forster as a villain is a great thing.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:21 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
And Robert Forster as a villain is a great thing.

Am I the only one who thinks Robert Forster should have been the villain who produces the Black Hole/vortex? Wink
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:09 am  Reply with quote

This past episode was probably the best of the season. We were not shown a new future, only one character was drastically changed to serve the story, only one character's power was changed from what it had previously been established, it kept the same roster of villains, and even managed to move the story forward.

To summarize; this was the best episode of the season by mere virtue of barely passing basic storytelling. I have no idea why I keep watching.