FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Full Resident Evil 5 Trailer!
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:17 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/18743#comment_body


Shocked after watching this I think I just shat myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeoKefka
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 80

That link ends up going to a Little Big Planet trailer but here's the trailer I'm assuming you're refering to:

Here you go.

And yes, after watching it, I needed new pants.

(And wow, I wasn't paying attention to it after the credits until a minute ago but that last shot of the trailer. Holy SHIT!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

HOLY SHIT.
Wesker wins the badass award. I really hope Fallout 3 can help with the wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:24 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

NeoKefka wrote:
That link ends up going to a Little Big Planet trailer but here's the trailer I'm assuming you're refering to:

Here you go.

And yes, after watching it, I needed new pants.

(And wow, I wasn't paying attention to it after the credits until a minute ago but that last shot of the trailer. Holy SHIT!)


http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21840

Actually this is the clip, sorry.

But the one you linked... OH MY GOD! Even more Wesker, that tombstone at the end (I hope that gets explained away, if Jills dead I'll be pissed).

So judging by the shadow-smokey step thing he was doing Wesker is even more powerful than he used to be now?

And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?
That either means he's talking to chris and has amnesia or they retconned code veronica out, OR he's talking to sheva and something even more fucked up is going on.


Last edited by Impure159 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

They're both awesome, although they're a tad bit spoilerish. (I mean, anyone else think it would have been an awesome OH SHIT moment if you went in blind and about three hours in Wesker shows up and whoops your ass?)
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Mr. Dark wrote:
They're both awesome, although they're a tad bit spoilerish. (I mean, anyone else think it would have been an awesome OH SHIT moment if you went in blind and about three hours in Wesker shows up and whoops your ass?)

Not at all. I (and probably everyone who played RE4) was expecting Wesker to show up in one way or another. Now seeing that he may play a big part in this one makes me all the more excited.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeoKefka
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 80

Quote:
And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?


My theory? The old guy in the first TGS trailer is Umbrella founder Oswell Spencer and the encounter between Chris and Wesker in the gothic looking building is what he is refering to. There are supposed to be "flashback" sections that you'll be playing through in this game. This looks like it'll be the most epic game in the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

NeoKefka wrote:
Quote:
And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?


My theory? The old guy in the first TGS trailer is Umbrella founder Oswell Spencer and the encounter between Chris and Wesker in the gothic looking building is what he is refering to. There are supposed to be "flashback" sections that you'll be playing through in this game. This looks like it'll be the most epic game in the series.


I thought the Spencer Estate was the name of the mansion in the first one? Found a Resident Evil wiki that says so.

EDIT: Also in Code: Veronica, remodeled for the twins?
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 76
Location: Arizona

Mr. Dark wrote:
NeoKefka wrote:
Quote:
And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?


My theory? The old guy in the first TGS trailer is Umbrella founder Oswell Spencer and the encounter between Chris and Wesker in the gothic looking building is what he is refering to. There are supposed to be "flashback" sections that you'll be playing through in this game. This looks like it'll be the most epic game in the series.


I thought the Spencer Estate was the name of the mansion in the first one? Found a Resident Evil wiki that says so.

EDIT: Also in Code: Veronica, remodeled for the twins?


The first mansion and the replica in Code: Veronica were named the Spencer Estate.

Wasn't Resident Evil 4 supposed to originally have been in a gothic looking castle and they ended up scrapping it about a 1/4 of the way in? I wonder if some of that footage will end up as models for the flashback chapters.

This looks like it's gonna be an amazing game! I can't believe we have to wait till March '09 to play it, though.
_________________
"They call me a killer because I shed innocent blood. What is innocent blood for, I ask, if not for shedding?" - Candyman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

I was tired and got my info backward, forgot this post ever happened.
_________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

Holy Crap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

I think the most likely event is that they Retconned Code veronica out of the storyline so Wesker was talking to Chris there. Or Wesker was talking so someone we haven't seen yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:25 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

Wasn't Wesker talking to the old dude in the wheelchair? Maybe SHevs and Chris were having a discussion with him when Wesker showed up and started monologuing. Or maybe it was just tricky editing.

I don't think they'd retcon a game that they ended up expanding (Steve Burnside anyone?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:14 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

Spaceshark wrote:
Wasn't Wesker talking to the old dude in the wheelchair? Maybe SHevs and Chris were having a discussion with him when Wesker showed up and started monologuing. Or maybe it was just tricky editing.

I don't think they'd retcon a game that they ended up expanding (Steve Burnside anyone?)


No he says that as he is walking down the stairs, nobody else in the shot then they cut to a shot of a completely different place with Weskers back turned and the old man they backgrounds look nothing alike, it's just editing magic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

Well, whatever the case, my money is still on him talking to old dude. Unless, Sheva is like fifty or something.

I'm sort of on the fence with Wesky's Devil May Cry powers though. I was cool with the Buffy-esque super strength, but super speed on top of that seems like overkill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Fistful of Joystick

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum