FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Full Resident Evil 5 Trailer!
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:17 am  Reply with quote

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/18743#comment_body

Shocked after watching this I think I just shat myself.
NeoKefka
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

That link ends up going to a Little Big Planet trailer but here's the trailer I'm assuming you're refering to:

Here you go.

And yes, after watching it, I needed new pants.

(And wow, I wasn't paying attention to it after the credits until a minute ago but that last shot of the trailer. Holy SHIT!)
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT.
Wesker wins the badass award. I really hope Fallout 3 can help with the wait.
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:24 pm  Reply with quote

NeoKefka wrote:
That link ends up going to a Little Big Planet trailer but here's the trailer I'm assuming you're refering to:

Here you go.

And yes, after watching it, I needed new pants.

(And wow, I wasn't paying attention to it after the credits until a minute ago but that last shot of the trailer. Holy SHIT!)

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21840

Actually this is the clip, sorry.

But the one you linked... OH MY GOD! Even more Wesker, that tombstone at the end (I hope that gets explained away, if Jills dead I'll be pissed).

So judging by the shadow-smokey step thing he was doing Wesker is even more powerful than he used to be now?

And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?
That either means he's talking to chris and has amnesia or they retconned code veronica out, OR he's talking to sheva and something even more fucked up is going on.

Last edited by Impure159 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

They're both awesome, although they're a tad bit spoilerish. (I mean, anyone else think it would have been an awesome OH SHIT moment if you went in blind and about three hours in Wesker shows up and whoops your ass?)
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
They're both awesome, although they're a tad bit spoilerish. (I mean, anyone else think it would have been an awesome OH SHIT moment if you went in blind and about three hours in Wesker shows up and whoops your ass?)

Not at all. I (and probably everyone who played RE4) was expecting Wesker to show up in one way or another. Now seeing that he may play a big part in this one makes me all the more excited.
NeoKefka
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
And in my clip what does he mean by "The last time I saw you was the spencer estate"?

My theory? The old guy in the first TGS trailer is Umbrella founder Oswell Spencer and the encounter between Chris and Wesker in the gothic looking building is what he is refering to. There are supposed to be "flashback" sections that you'll be playing through in this game. This looks like it'll be the most epic game in the series.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

NeoKefka wrote:
Quote:

My theory? The old guy in the first TGS trailer is Umbrella founder Oswell Spencer and the encounter between Chris and Wesker in the gothic looking building is what he is refering to. There are supposed to be "flashback" sections that you'll be playing through in this game. This looks like it'll be the most epic game in the series.

I thought the Spencer Estate was the name of the mansion in the first one? Found a Resident Evil wiki that says so.

EDIT: Also in Code: Veronica, remodeled for the twins?
mdamien13
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
NeoKefka wrote:
Quote:

I thought the Spencer Estate was the name of the mansion in the first one? Found a Resident Evil wiki that says so.

EDIT: Also in Code: Veronica, remodeled for the twins?

The first mansion and the replica in Code: Veronica were named the Spencer Estate.

Wasn't Resident Evil 4 supposed to originally have been in a gothic looking castle and they ended up scrapping it about a 1/4 of the way in? I wonder if some of that footage will end up as models for the flashback chapters.

This looks like it's gonna be an amazing game! I can't believe we have to wait till March '09 to play it, though.
Impure159
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

I was tired and got my info backward, forgot this post ever happened.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

Holy Crap
Impure159
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

I think the most likely event is that they Retconned Code veronica out of the storyline so Wesker was talking to Chris there. Or Wesker was talking so someone we haven't seen yet.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

Wasn't Wesker talking to the old dude in the wheelchair? Maybe SHevs and Chris were having a discussion with him when Wesker showed up and started monologuing. Or maybe it was just tricky editing.

I don't think they'd retcon a game that they ended up expanding (Steve Burnside anyone?)
Impure159
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:14 am  Reply with quote

Spaceshark wrote:
Wasn't Wesker talking to the old dude in the wheelchair? Maybe SHevs and Chris were having a discussion with him when Wesker showed up and started monologuing. Or maybe it was just tricky editing.

I don't think they'd retcon a game that they ended up expanding (Steve Burnside anyone?)

No he says that as he is walking down the stairs, nobody else in the shot then they cut to a shot of a completely different place with Weskers back turned and the old man they backgrounds look nothing alike, it's just editing magic.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am  Reply with quote

Well, whatever the case, my money is still on him talking to old dude. Unless, Sheva is like fifty or something.

I'm sort of on the fence with Wesky's Devil May Cry powers though. I was cool with the Buffy-esque super strength, but super speed on top of that seems like overkill.