More Casting News and a New Still – MTV’s My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/jun11/sp16.jpg

You know, I have to admit that for a TV production, MTV’s “My Super Psycho Sweet 16” flicks aren’t too shabby. They hit the usual slasher beats and don’t shy away from the gore as much as you’d think. With a third one on the way, some more news and a still have dropped. Check it out!

From the Press Release
MTV has begun production on the original TV movie “My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3” filming in Atlanta, Georgia. The third installment of the channel’s first horror franchise, “My Super Psycho Sweet 16” returns with original cast members Lauren Mcknight and Kirsten Prout as Skye and Alex, whose high school years have been haunted by the dreadful legacy of their serial killer fathers’ crimes. Joining the cast is Jillian Rose Reed from MTV’s new hit comedy series “Awkward,” which was recently renewed for a second season. Ryan Sypek, Niko Pepaj, Ben Winchell, Onira Tares and Autumn Dial also star. “My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3” will premiere in 2012.

“My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3” catches up with Skye (Mcknight) as she prepares to leave for college in New York City in hopes of finally leaving her bloody past behind her. When she gets a ride with fellow freshman Sienna (Reed), they form an instant bond and Skye truly believes she could have a brighter future. But when Skye receives an unexpected call from her estranged little sister, Alex (Prout), she and Sienna decide to make a quick detour to Alex’s house so Skye can say goodbye. Only when they arrive do they learn that it is the night of Alex’s Sweet 16. As Skye knows, Sweet 16 parties tend to not go very well for these girls, and a night of terror begins again.

“The ‘My Super Psycho Sweet 16’ movies have built a passionate fan base since the first movie premiered in 2009,” said Chris Linn, Executive Vice President of MTV Programming, and Head of Production. “The movies’ combination of horror, humor and high school drama make them a uniquely MTV horror franchise, and we are thrilled the audience has expressed a desire to see Skye’s story continue.”

The same creative team from the first two films returns for the third: director Jacob Gentry, screenwriters Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, and executive producers Maggie Malina and Alexander Motlagh. Chris White returns as co-producer and Chris Linn is executive producer for MTV. Tammy Zohar and Christina Chou serve as production executives for MTV. The movie is produced by Pop Films.

More Casting News, and New Still - MTV's Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3

More Casting News, and New Still - MTV's Super Psycho Sweet 16 Part 3

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Take them one-by-one in the comments section below.

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized