Here’s What Topher Thinks of Hardy’s VENOM

Grace as “Venom”

Later this summer we will be hit with Tom Hardy’s version of the classic Marvel anti-hero Venom. But what does original Spider-Man 3 Venom, Topher Grace think of Tom Hardy’s take on the character?

To me — I truly mean this — I think Tom is the guy to play that role,” Grace told Inverse. “I’m thrilled to watch it as a fan. I really mean that. I think he’s just the best dude.”

He continues: “I understand Sam’s interpretation, which was to do a dark version of Tobey [Maguire]’s character. I was thrilled because I was such a fan of the character, but I was aware of how it was different from what I had grown up reading. I thought it was cool, but I’m really excited to see [Tom Hardy’s version]. That’s the character I grew up with.”

See even “Venom” thinks Spider-Man 3 was a bust. What do you think? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Directed by Ruben Fleischer, Venom stars Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, and Reid Scott. It infects theaters on October 5th.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: