Rest in Peace: Rick Genest, aka “Zombie Boy”, Has Passed Away at 32

Incredibly tragic news to report as model/actor Rick Genest, aka “Zombie Boy”, has passed away at age 32. His body was found in his Montreal home, according to iHeartRadio. The cause of death is apparent suicide.

Genest appeared in Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” video. The singer/actress took to Twitter to comment, “The suicide of friend Rick Genest, Zombie Boy is beyond devastating. We have to work harder to change the culture, bring Mental Health to the forefront and erase the stigma that we can’t talk about it. If you are suffering, call a friend or family today. We must save each other.”

I have spoken many times about my thoughts on how mental health is viewed by society. I am heartbroken that such a young man felt that suicide was his only option. I truly hope that anyone who is feeling like that is something they are entertaining will take the time to speak with someone. Here is a list of hotlines. Please don’t wait. Someone out there loves you and will be devastated if anything were to happen to you.

To Rick, I hope you have found peace. I’m so sorry that your journey has come to an end.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: