FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Siren 1 - I mean Siren 3
Nephlabobo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

Well fuck me!

Is Sony turning into the new Nintendo?

It was bad enough when we got endless SNES remakes on the GBA.

Then the PS1 remakes on the Gamecube.

Now we're getting PS2 *remakes*?!

Bullshit.

There are a ton of horror games that were released on PS2 in Japan that didn't make it to North America.

Why not release one of those instead? Or the new horror game...Ima-whateveritscalled that came out last November for PS3. You know, a *new* game.

Hell, Michigan already got released in Europe, so it would be easy to port over as the translation's already done.

But no. We have to get a fucking remake of a PS2 game.

Jeers for this shit Sony.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:48 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Nephlabobo wrote:
Well fuck me!

Is Sony turning into the new Nintendo?

It was bad enough when we got endless SNES remakes on the GBA.

Then the PS1 remakes on the Gamecube.

Now we're getting PS2 *remakes*?!

Bullshit.

There are a ton of horror games that were released on PS2 in Japan that didn't make it to North America.

Why not release one of those instead? Or the new horror game...Ima-whateveritscalled that came out last November for PS3. You know, a *new* game.

Hell, Michigan already got released in Europe, so it would be easy to port over as the translation's already done.

But no. We have to get a fucking remake of a PS2 game.

Jeers for this shit Sony.

If they perfect the control scheme, and bump up the graphics, hey, I'm all for it. But then again, I don't own a PS3, either.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 pm  Reply with quote

Dude, I'm not big on remakes either but I have a laundry lsit of games that I'd love to see next-gened. Well, okay, not so much a laundry list...

But whatever. Have you seen the trailer? Game looks awesome. It just...rubs me the wrong way that the good guys were recast as Americans. No offense, but it just feels off.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

I just picked up a PS3 and downloaded this game...

As someone who thought that the first one was intriguing yet terribly flawed and almost unplayable, I am very impressed with Siren: Blood Curse! I'm only a few chapters in but the graphics are amazing, the voice acting is actually good, and there have been several jump-out-of-your-seat moments. I feel like they fixed most of the flaws from the first game and streamlined the gameplay quite a bit. I like the archive section much more, too - the character backstories are very cool.

Definitely recommend this to any survival horror fans w/ a PS3.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The basic mechanic in the original was broken, IMHO. A stealth game where they put several situations in where stealth was impossible...but you also never had any decent way to kill the creeps. Frustrating as hell. I hope they tailored that up a bit so you either have real stealth potential or have better and more weapons available to take the bastards down when you need to.

The original was like playing a rogue in your average RPG but without any daggers available. All sneak and no gank.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
The basic mechanic in the original was broken, IMHO. A stealth game where they put several situations in where stealth was impossible...but you also never had any decent way to kill the creeps. Frustrating as hell. I hope they tailored that up a bit so you either have real stealth potential or have better and more weapons available to take the bastards down when you need to.

In this remake there are many more weapons lying around and if you get your hands on one you can take down an enemy (although they will eventually rise up again). They also have some cool combos once you start fighting and "special attacks" you can execute if you manage to sneak up on a Shibito.

There are still a lot of moments where you have to use stealth in sneaking around but it's not nearly as awkward as it was in the original, either.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:13 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

That's something I'd play, then.